Need to sell the van, ideas please (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Sorry to learn of your loss...but there are a lot of good people on here..makes me glad I joined...I agree that it us perhaps best not to make major decisions too quickly..stay strong..you seem to have a good family..

OP
OP
Downsie
Mar 27, 2014
Wickford, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1993
Well, what a wealth of support, kindness and information in just a few short hours, and so gratefully received.
Unfortunately the van is stored at the side of the house and a sharp right turn is needed between two brick pillars to get it out. Fred was amazing at getting it in and out with very little clearance - no way can I do it. Sadly therefore it must go. If I get another van in the future it must be narrower.
Thanks to all who suggested Johns Cross. I will follow this up.
Yes, Hellski & TheWino, I think a dealer could well take a lot extra, family will definitely help with a private sale.
Mot and services due in May so I must consider that too.
I didn’t know there was a group of single ladies on here, could well be attractive one day. Good to hear you’re vanning again, Helen.
And many thanks for the offer of assistance Peter.
Jenny

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello @Downsie , so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my condolences. Don't be a lurker on the forum do join in, l know it's early days yet, but there is quite a lot of single ladies who meet up @Cal54, drop her a pm any time you are ready and I'm sure she and the others will give you any information.
You could of course bring the mot and service forward by a couple of months then that would be one less thing.
Please use the forum for support that's what being a funster is all about.
Very early days yet a lot of good memories to help you through I'm sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just read through this thread and my sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your husband.

You've had some good advice and offer of help and I hope things go well for you.

Use this forum for anything else you need either motorhome related or personal.

PPP

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Sorry to hear of your loss, i work at a Car Auction one of the biggest in the country called Manheim. They will always assist you in putting it through auction for you and getting the best price. They are located throughout the UK.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Really sorry for your loss, Sheila Hancock writes about when she lost her husband John Thaw in a very real way in her book, summarised in many articles which, in time, you may feel like reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...im-Sheila-Hancock-peace-John-Thaws-death.html

She explains about the below poem here

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-previews/my-life-in-verse-sheila-hancock---396676

When You Are Old

William Butler Yeats

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true;
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead,
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

Good luck with the sale of your Motorhome and enjoy your memories and the rest of your journey.

Simon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Well, what a wealth of support, kindness and information in just a few short hours, and so gratefully received.
Unfortunately the van is stored at the side of the house and a sharp right turn is needed between two brick pillars to get it out. Fred was amazing at getting it in and out with very little clearance - no way can I do it. Sadly therefore it must go. If I get another van in the future it must be narrower.
Thanks to all who suggested Johns Cross. I will follow this up.
Yes, Hellski & TheWino, I think a dealer could well take a lot extra, family will definitely help with a private sale.
Mot and services due in May so I must consider that too.
I didn’t know there was a group of single ladies on here, could well be attractive one day. Good to hear you’re vanning again, Helen.
And many thanks for the offer of assistance Peter.
Jenny

Jenny

My sympathies also.

I will add my weight to the 'just wait a bit' brigade.

Have you normally driven the MH? Is it just the pillars that frighten you? Can one be re-positioned/disposed of? Might be easier than selling the MH.

Just on a manoeuvering point, did your husband always drive the MH in forwards? It is often easier to do it backwards. I drove professionally for several years so have experience. If you got a professional instructor he may be able to convince you that with a bit of practice you could do it - might be less stress than selling.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back