LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Picked up some motorhome fun stickers and a yearbook from the vanbitz stand.
Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We expressed an interest in an Adria with Brownhills. We were driving north from south coast so they contacted us inviting us to free entry at the show. So we turned up on way home. They gave us morning coffee and biscuits and then our lunch later on. Turned out that the Adria stand had a better offer but well done Brownhills, will think about your generosity next time we change vans. As for the show...we always go to the rubbish Manchester one in January, no more , I felt the NEC was really good.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I had a tiny camera on my lapel as I wandered around the show yesterday afternoon. This is a compressed time time-lapse view of that wander. Watch it all and you should have a great idea about what’s at the show as well as a motion sickness headache:D

Blimey you don't half walk fast Jim..BUSBY.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
We expressed an interest in an Adria with Brownhills. We were driving north from south coast so they contacted us inviting us to free entry at the show. So we turned up on way home. They gave us morning coffee and biscuits and then our lunch later on. Turned out that the Adria stand had a better offer but well done Brownhills, will think about your generosity next time we change vans. As for the show...we always go to the rubbish Manchester one in January, no more , I felt the NEC was really good.
Have you bought an Adria then?

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I know Chris Hunter was there and I put 2+2 together given your Wigan location

We get our Adria Twin from them (oct show order) in 3 weeks or so

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i feel squeeze after watchin that

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I know Chris Hunter was there and I put 2+2 together given your Wigan location

We get our Adria Twin from them (oct show order) in 3 weeks or so
You've got me worried now as you have waited since October and we've been told 2 weeks from the other day. Were you always given that date or has it been delayed.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
You've got me worried now as you have waited since October and we've been told 2 weeks from the other day. Were you always given that date or has it been delayed.
Dont panic, our date was always March ( our choice) but apparently ALL of Adria’s 2019 production, sold or otherwise, will be in UK by March 29th
( apparently something else happening on that day :D)

I have to add I think 2 weeks might be nearer 3 to 4 by the time they have PDId them

I personally want a thorough PDI not a Quick one

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Dont panic, our date was always March ( our choice) but apparently ALL of Adria’s 2019 production, sold or otherwise, will be in UK by March 29th
( apparently something else happening on that day :D)

I have to add I think 2 weeks might be nearer 3 to 4 by the time they have PDId them

I personally want a thorough PDI not a Quick one
Thanks for that. Good luck with the new van.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
A Bit fast for Me.!. But Question,? WHY are most of the `vans being shown the ones with big garages?. Not a practical layout for anyone with mobility issues, as it invariably makes the bed too high to access. leaving (often narrow) steps that have to be negotiated in the night!.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
A Bit fast for Me.!. But Question,? WHY are most of the `vans being shown the ones with big garages?. Not a practical layout for anyone with mobility issues, as it invariably makes the bed too high to access. leaving (often narrow) steps that have to be negotiated in the night!.
Agree with you but we looked at some of the Rapido's that might be better. Had a wider access to bed and electrically operated to let the bed go lower or higher.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Agree with you but we looked at some of the Rapido's that might be better. Had a wider access to bed and electrically operated to let the bed go lower or higher.

This is an issue close to our hearts, as even very small changes in floor level can constitute a trip hazard in the early hours. Great for those with full mobility but not for us!. I actually have a Rapido (999M). The biggest drawback being the "French" bed, nocturnal visits mean both partners have to get out. But we did not want the Single Beds, as we felt they wasted too much space. ( All Motorhomes are a compromise).:(

One of the Beauty`s of having the Big R-Vs. Was a completely flat floor end to end and the Walk round bed. Even the step into the shower was not too onerous. But of course we lost that when I had to let my LGV go. (£90 Medical every year was not economic). Even £90 every 3 years for C1 is bad enough!.:cry: (IMV it`s AGEIST).:mad::mad:

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
This is an issue close to our hearts, as even very small changes in floor level can constitute a trip hazard in the early hours. Great for those with full mobility but not for us!. I actually have a Rapido (999M). The biggest drawback being the "French" bed, nocturnal visits mean both partners have to get out. But we did not want the Single Beds, as we felt they wasted too much space. ( All Motorhomes are a compromise).:(

One of the Beauty`s of having the Big R-Vs. Was a completely flat floor end to end and the Walk round bed. Even the step into the shower was not too onerous. But of course we lost that when I had to let my LGV go. (£90 Medical every year was not economic). Even £90 every 3 years for C1 is bad enough!.:cry: (IMV it`s AGEIST).:mad::mad:
Again agree with you on the ageist issue. I think the Rapido we looked at was a 9086df flat floor throughout but the dealer wouldn't move on price.

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
Another interesting chat on the VW stand - we had a look at the new VW Grand California - very nice interior fit and design even though its a pre-production model. Shipments due to start later this summer but the widely reported, far too good to be true, base price of 55,000 Euros is just that ....too good to be true.
Base price likely to start at £65,000 ...which seems a lot for a 2 + 2 child bed PVC.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Just back from our visit, spent money this time as we haven't before!

Took out membership of the 2 clubs we don't mention plus Britstops and Costco... spent ages at VanBitz and have booked to have a Growler the week after we get the van. :D

We also trundled round looking for a kettle for the hob (couldn't find one), saucepans of a decent weight which also stack (couldn't find any), checked out mattress toppers (but not sure exactly how much storage we have - masses of payload but very little storage room).

Came home with loads of paperwork and some free chocolates.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Another interesting chat on the VW stand - we had a look at the new VW Grand California - very nice interior fit and design even though its a pre-production model. Shipments due to start later this summer but the widely reported, far too good to be true, base price of 55,000 Euros is just that ....too good to be true.
Base price likely to start at £65,000 ...which seems a lot for a 2 + 2 child bed PVC.

The grand California looks lovely but you are correct what a price

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Could well cost a lot less in euroland though!

Aug 6, 2018
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer BSL 704
Exp
Since 2004
We went today and not really impressed. October show was much better, but there we go. One positive was picking up our funsters sticker from vanbitz, so thanks eddie and jim. Already now for the new van.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Just back from our visit, spent money this time as we haven't before!

Took out membership of the 2 clubs we don't mention plus Britstops and Costco... spent ages at VanBitz and have booked to have a Growler the week after we get the van. :D

We also trundled round looking for a kettle for the hob (couldn't find one), saucepans of a decent weight which also stack (couldn't find any), checked out mattress toppers (but not sure exactly how much storage we have - masses of payload but very little storage room).

Came home with loads of paperwork and some free chocolates.
Have a punt round our wesbsite loads of goodies on there with Funsters Discount

https://www.johnscross.co.uk/search.php?search_query=kettles

https://www.johnscross.co.uk/search.php?search_query=saucepans
(Search engine got a mixed up on that one)

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back