My self-build van. (1 Viewer)

HTF

Free Member
Oct 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Citroen Jumper
After a few experiences with other motorhomes, a few years ago, I decided I should try to build a campervan to my likings. A short video shows what I've achieved :giggle:. I hope you like it.

I've posted an extensive 50 post thread with many pictures on another "free to view" Forum but I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link here :unsure:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I just see a black box in your post above. No video

EDIT Now I see it. WOW, it looks very nice :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Looks lovely 👍 very good quality too.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Respect

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
looks like a very professional build I like it but do have to ask about the table as it makes the space very light an sleek what kind of glass is it , if it is even glass? as there are other glass like finishes available now

You must be very pleased , I would be

OP
OP
H

HTF

Free Member
Oct 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Citroen Jumper
looks like a very professional build I like it but do have to ask about the table as it makes the space very light an sleek what kind of glass is it , if it is even glass? as there are other glass like finishes available now

You must be very pleased , I would be
Thanks for the complement. The glass table is of my design and is made of 5mm tempered glass that I had custom cut and tempered.

I'm going to risk posting a link of the build "saga" over a 18 month period on the Motorhome Builder forum that can be viewed without lodging in. The photos are "zoomable". If I'm not allowed then, the moderators can delete my post ;)
Build story

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Beautifully done. Not my layout but it’s not mine. Quality looks excellent

Carol

May 11, 2022
Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Started self build December 2020, finished April 2022
Nice build, looks professional. Interesting layout , does the bed sleep 2? Bathrooms nice as well, is it a custom shower base/duck board?

OP
OP
H

HTF

Free Member
Oct 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Citroen Jumper
Nice build, looks professional. Interesting layout , does the bed sleep 2? Bathrooms nice as well, is it a custom shower base/duck board?
The bed sleeps 2 persons comfortably It's 1900mm long by 1300mm wide with that "French bed" configuration. The filming angle makes it look smaller. There is space for another double bed that fits longitudinally in front between the front seats when facing each other, over the table up to the back of the rear seats. I haven't made it yet as I don't have use for it.

I designed and built everything everything myself including the shower base, cabinet doors, seat swivels, aluminium top cabinets bent plywood trims, automatic step and so on.

I'm not a subscription user here and I suspect that there will be a limit to the amount of posts I can make so, if you want to see the full story, you will have to see it on the other site I linked above in post #9.

If there is no such limitation of posts here, I can share the whole story here as well. Comparing with other builds, I didn't follow the "rules" as I tend to think "outside the box" :giggle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
1696325306046.png

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Very impressive. A great conversion.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The bed sleeps 2 persons comfortably It's 1900mm long by 1300mm wide with that "French bed" configuration. The filming angle makes it look smaller. There is space for another double bed that fits longitudinally in front between the front seats when facing each other, over the table up to the back of the rear seats. I haven't made it yet as I don't have use for it.

I designed and built everything everything myself including the shower base, cabinet doors, seat swivels, aluminium top cabinets bent plywood trims, automatic step and so on.

I'm not a subscription user here and I suspect that there will be a limit to the amount of posts I can make so, if you want to see the full story, you will have to see it on the other site I linked above in post #9.

If there is no such limitation of posts here, I can share the whole story here as well. Comparing with other builds, I didn't follow the "rules" as I tend to think "outside the box" :giggle:
for £20 it would be good to see you as a full member

May 11, 2022
Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Started self build December 2020, finished April 2022
Just read the build guide and it's a stunning conversion. Love the PLC control stuff, expensive for the layman but being a maintenance engineer it's more accessible to you. (I'm a maintenance engineer for a car manufacturer in the UK). The electrical system as well, can see your background there.

I'm going to copy your shower base method with the foam, glass and gel coat when I redo my shower base, I have used polyurethane sheets, bent with heat into shape and welded/ sikaflexed. Didn't work that well tbh, your solution is far better. (y)

Interesting point about no external fixings on the van mean it's classed as 'a van' rather than a motorhome in the eyes of the Portuguese police, that means you can park almost anywhere...........

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Awesome design and construction. Build quality is terrific. Also, your write-up of the build process was great. Detailed but clear and concise.

Chapeau, sir, chapeau!

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Wow. You were fortunate to have access to some of the materials you have used, but the quality of the build and design is something else!

A unique van!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back