My Motorhome Locked Me Out! (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
We were sat in the sun enjoying a drink, motorhome doors shut but not locked with the keys hanging up inside.
Went to go to the fridge for another beer but all the doors were locked.
Keys still up there on their hook.
We managed to bend the acrylic window enough to get a thin blade up inside and push the handles up so we could open the window.
Nine year old niece climbed through the window and got the keys so we were able to click and open the doors.
Any ideas?
The van is a 2017 Bailey Autograph on a Boxer cab.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We were sat in the sun enjoying a drink, motorhome doors shut but not locked with the keys hanging up inside.
Went to go to the fridge for another beer but all the doors were locked.
Keys still up there on their hook.
We managed to bend the acrylic window enough to get a thin blade up inside and push the handles up so we could open the window.
Nine year old niece climbed through the window and got the keys so we were able to click and open the doors.
Any ideas?
The van is a 2017 Bailey Autograph on a Boxer cab.
Pals of ours had the same with their 67 plate Autograph. Can’t remember why but they did take to taking the keys out of the van when neither of them in it.
I’ll ask them.

Upvote 0

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
A lot of cars have the feature that if you unlock the doors, but then don't open the driver's door, they assume the fob was pressed accidentally and lock automatically after a few minutes. Motorhome converters should be turning the feature off in the ECU, but some don't/can't.

Ours (Kuga) does this but fortunately won't do it if it detects the key fob is inside the car. To avoid this exact scenario.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Reply from my pal about auto lock.

IIRC mine used to do that even after physically opening the doors. I always made sure I had a key on me whenever I was outside the van as I was never sure if it was going to auto lock. Dinmore Leisure told me that it was installed in incorrectly and that feature should have been disabled when installed. I had it reprogrammed which fixed it. It’s an easy fix and was done over the phone. Crap feature and when would you ever use it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
A lot of cars have the feature that if you unlock the doors, but then don't open the driver's door, they assume the fob was pressed accidentally and lock automatically after a few minutes. Motorhome converters should be turning the feature off in the ECU, but some don't/can't.
That's the case with my alarm and tracker.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sneds
Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
Thank you for the replies, I’m sure the van had been sat for hours and I don’t remember unlocking the drivers door.
Of course, I may have done this without realising.
I’ll investigate the ECU fix
May even go through the vehicle menu to see if i can turn the “feature” off from there.
Cheers

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back