My first Electric Bike (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Closing fast on 80, white haired and well wrinkled and an expert on Arthritus I gave up with the pedal jobs and decided to go electric. Flicking through channels I fell on to electric bike sales and listening intently got suckered into placing an order. Then went to bed to think about it. Hang on, I know absolutely nothing about electric bikes and here I am spending £500 on one which is no doubt a cheap Chinese Job. What if it goes wrong????? .Woke up next morning and cancelled it.
Then did a huge amount of research and then having a smattering of knowledge I went to a local bike shop (Giant at Doddington) How much ?? £2000+ for the basic model with the Bosch Crank motor. Wow that made my eyes water. "No we don't do discount" was the clincher and I was off. More research and by this time I am closing in on the Raleigh Motus. Checked prices and the best was a demonstrator at £1400, trouble was it was 60 miles away. Went to another bike shop in Lincoln and tried a Raleigh Motus in the flesh, wow made me feel 21 again. Trouble was it was £1700, again eye watering. Undaunted I produced my list of Motus bikes around the country and after a lot of haggling and an accidental showing of what £1400 looked like in cash we struck a deal on a shiny new job for £1430, a saving of £270 on rrp.
Have eventual got it set up for my size, and I do feel 21 again. Could it go wrong, yes of course it could, but its a recognised name and I have a very expert dealer just down the road to take it back to. 50% off hats and locks and a free service at 200 miles including the spokes and I think I did quite well. We have now done over 50 miles and I am well please. Now all I need is a new pair of hips and I am ready to take on the Lycra Brigade.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
You'll love it ! and i think it's a wise choice to buy an e-bike with some onwards support and back up. We went cheap for the first one and now parts are more or less impossible to source so it resides in the garage and has been replaced with something more like what you have gone for, good choice !

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Tour de France for you next. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Don’t know if you tried them but we bought our Orbea electric bikes from Lincoln bikes just off Doddington Road, they were around £1600 each but worth it.

OP
OP
Humsafer
Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Hi Mike
sorry about the late reply I missed it. That's where I got my Motus from, I think his name was Fin no doubt short for Finbar. Nice people to deal with. will go there again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back