My Ducati has a code card??? (1 Viewer)

albouy

Deceased RIP
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome
Hi guys and gals, my Fiat Ducati 1.9 td has a light on the dashboard depicting a 'card'...can anyone tell me how this works? She's a 'mature lady's (not the girlfriendšŸ¤­) built in 1999...she goes like the clappers (not the...). I need to know because I don't want to be locked-out or the engine won't start...or something. When I bought the van there was no card with it. Is this card issued with all motorhomes? If I need one, where will I get one from? As always, all ideas most welcome.

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
What colour?
Red = warning
Amber = advice.
Can't think of one that looks like a card.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Perpetual newbie
Not to be a stickler, but a Ducati is a proper funster vehicle (as in motorcycle, I happen to own one so you'll have to take my word for it) and a Ducato is well not the opposite but more of a base vehicle for many a motorhome.. Can't help with the question, as we're currently waiting for D-day of our Ducato :)

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Hello helpful people

Question 1: I need a spare ā€œfold down key + 2 button alarm fobā€ for my Fiat Ducato Hobby. See below. The Timpsons I went to said no, so whatā€™s the best option please? Iā€™ve seen this type of thing but if I buy one, who would ā€˜programme the chipā€™ and cut the key?

Question 2: I also need a spare key for my ā€˜deadlockā€™ on the side door. Photo below. It looks like a key for a bicycle ā€˜D lockā€™ if thatā€™s helps to describe it? Timpsons didnā€™t like that one either.

Question 3: The fob and code card in the last photo came with the van. Iā€™m guessing the code card is for the Clifford alarm in case I lose the keys? But what about the black fob? Are the 2 items linked in any way?

As ever thanks for any replies, Russ

View attachment 407257

View attachment 407258

View attachment 407259

View attachment 407260
camper-an-chausson-welcome-70-1-106023-main.jpg

Upvote 1
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
When I bought the van there was no card with it. Is this card issued with all motorhomes? If I need one, where will I get one from? As always, all ideas most welcome.
When new, Motor homes come with a key card that has the data on it to allow a Fiat workshop to make a new key for the van.
This is not issued in the UK due to insurance industry requirements. If you have a european conversion you may end up with such a card.
examplecard.jpg

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When new, Motor homes come with a key card that has the data on it to allow a Fiat workshop to make a new key for the van.
This is not issued in the UK due to insurance industry requirements. If you have a european conversion you may end up with such a card.
View attachment 557261
Won't apply to a 199 model.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi guys and gals, my Fiat Ducati 1.9 td has a light on the dashboard depicting a 'card'...can anyone tell me how this works? She's a 'mature lady's (not the girlfriendšŸ¤­) built in 1999...she goes like the clappers (not the...). I need to know because I don't want to be locked-out or the engine won't start...or something. When I bought the van there was no card with it. Is this card issued with all motorhomes? If I need one, where will I get one from? As always, all ideas most welcome.
Our first MH was an imported 99 Hymer on a Fiat Ducato 244, and all I got was 2 x black keys and a card with a code. similar to the one above..........but not the same. I never had to use it, but kept it with all the paperwork..........just in case. I had never seen a key code icon light on the dash at any time. I shortly found out that there should have been a red master key issued to me with the black ones, but neither the seller nor the last owners were interested in that. :(
Years later, when routing some wiring, I found the red master key, secreted away along with a debit card and a credit card, in the name of the first owners. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
At 1999 I think it should have the red key so no card as far as I know, doesn't help with the original question though.
I think we need a picture of the warning light refered to

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
All ducatos have a key code for the immobiliser but UK insurers kicked off saying many owners would leave the card in the vehicle making it very easy to steal so cards aren't issued.
Main dealers have the code linked to chassis numbers on their computers.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

albouy

Deceased RIP
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome
Thanks for all your suggestions. Pappajohns' comments are my worry. I don't have the original card and, if it gets immobilized somehow, I don't have the cardkey. On the dashboard there are two very 'quick' lights and they go out, dipicting a card image.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks for all your suggestions. Pappajohns' comments are my worry. I don't have the original card and, if it gets immobilized somehow, I don't have the cardkey. On the dashboard there are two very 'quick' lights and they go out, dipicting a card image.
I don't think a key card is applicable to your vehicle. Not having a key card means it costs an extra 15 quid when buying a replacement key for 300 quid.
Older vans with the red master key if you don't have the red key and need a replacement key you have to buy a new ECU which costs megabucks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

albouy

Deceased RIP
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome
Your kidding.....šŸ˜Ÿ

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

albouy

Deceased RIP
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome
Hi, I've just learnt that it has a ecu ( I think that's a computer)...tell me it ain't so... what can I do? Look after my keys???

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
View attachment 557261
Got a 21 plate pilote on ducato should I have been given one

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
OK thanks Lenny