Motorhome Water Ingress (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Just A General query re the Water Ingress warranty. I have a Rust issue around the windscreen which Ford And Trigano have declined due to it Not being because of Poor Workmanship on their behalf. The van is A 68 Plate Roller Team Zefiro on A Ford Transit Chassis. Also around this area I have Water coming in to the van and I mean A Lot of water which lands on the fascia of dashboard. Does this come under the Water Ingress Warranty. I have completed All servicing from new.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Unless you can provide proof that your servicing is to the manufacturer standard and specifications I think you will have no warranty or goodwill from either Ford or Roller Team. Having suitable training, equipment and premises are also a requirement for work to be considered completed to manufacturers standards.
Your description indicates what could have been stone chip damage that has not been addressed? I would get the screen removed and get the rust sorted before refitting the screen.

OP
OP
I
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Unless you can provide proof that your servicing is to the manufacturer standard and specifications I think you will have no warranty or goodwill from either Ford or Roller Team. Having suitable training, equipment and premises are also a requirement for work to be considered completed to manufacturers standards.
Your description indicates what could have been stone chip damage that has not been addressed? I would get the screen removed and get the rust sorted before refitting the screen.
Hi. All servicing has been done by Days Ford Swansea who also do Habitational Servicing. There are No chip marks as it is above the screen (see pics}. They have declined warranty on the rust but I will now submit claim for the water leak. (A Lot of water)

ford 3.jpg ford 2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Hi. All servicing has been done by Days Ford Swansea who also do Habitational Servicing. There are No chip marks as it is above the screen (see pics}. They have declined warranty on the rust but I will now submit claim for the water leak. (A Lot of water)

View attachment 804891 View attachment 804892
Sorry I misunderstood your last sentence as I thought you had done the servicing.
I don’t think Ford will warrant the paint but should cover any perforation if that is the case.
You also should look at the Consumer Rights 2015 act as you are within 6 years of purchasing so should still have rights under the goods lasting a reasonable amount of time etc.
Worst case is to understand whether Ford or Roller Team is responsible then write and demand a remedy before using the small claims court for recovery of the repair costs

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just my view, which may not help.
I would have thought it was a Ford problem as it's part of the main vehicle, however you often have one warrantee on the base vehicle (Fiat as an example 3 years) and the other like the water ingress is via the converter.
Ford are probably stating at 5 years old it's well out of any warranty by them. The converters will be saying nothing they had to mess with during the conversion so won't be within their ingress cover.
You may have to bite the bullet, remove screen, sort the issue and replace. Hopefully not a major job or to pricey.
Good luck. 👍
The comment above about the consumer rights may be worth following up, check if you have legal cover on your van insurance policy.

OP
OP
I
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Currently completing Motor Ombudsman forms as van I s only 5 years old now however the problem arose when it was 4 years old. Ford tend to drag their feet hoping you go away. Wrong person here.

OP
OP
I
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Here is the Latest Update. Trigano have Replied with A Full hard copy regarding the Build Itinerary which confirms that The Windscreen is Not removed during the conversion process so the issue needs to be resolved with Ford, The Warranty Manager at the Dealership now seems to be pointing the finger at All avenues to try and cover his previous statements which he can not do as I have them All in Black and White. The Service Records were Not originally showing on their system which led them to try and say that because of this it would not be covered However the records were not there due to a fault of Ford which has now been rectified. I have now submitted the complaint to the Ombudsman and will wait for their findings before going down the Legal Route. An Independant engineer is of the opinion that the rust is Internal pushing out and the Leaking could well be due to a Lack of Windscreen Bonding. We wait and see what transpires. Bear in mind that for a cost of £400 plus Vat Ford are Nit Picking here which they will lose because I for one will Never buy a Ford again along with other family members. So not very Good Customer Relations in my view.

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Here is the Latest Update. Trigano have Replied with A Full hard copy regarding the Build Itinerary which confirms that The Windscreen is Not removed during the conversion process so the issue needs to be resolved with Ford, The Warranty Manager at the Dealership now seems to be pointing the finger at All avenues to try and cover his previous statements which he can not do as I have them All in Black and White. The Service Records were Not originally showing on their system which led them to try and say that because of this it would not be covered However the records were not there due to a fault of Ford which has now been rectified. I have now submitted the complaint to the Ombudsman and will wait for their findings before going down the Legal Route. An Independant engineer is of the opinion that the rust is Internal pushing out and the Leaking could well be due to a Lack of Windscreen Bonding. We wait and see what transpires. Bear in mind that for a cost of £400 plus Vat Ford are Nit Picking here which they will lose because I for one will Never buy a Ford again along with other family members. So not very Good Customer Relations in my view.
Ford should just admit that it is their problem.

OP
OP
I
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
I have now had to uprate the problem to The Motor Ombudsman. This has Largely come about due to Ford Warranty and Days Ford Warranty not supplying me with the Correspondence regarding the Claim Notes under GDPR. They have told me that The Ombudsman can request these notes Direct however they will not supply them to me. Despite this being My Right by Law. Also The Manager in the Body Shop has tried to change The Warranty Terms by stating that I should have Had an Annual Paint Service. Something which I nor he had heard about before. The van has been Fully serviced both Hab and Chassis at great expense however I am now wondering Is it worth doing these Annual checks. My own feeling is there is something Underhand going on and that is why they will not disclose the Notes as I have already been told two different versions as to who made the Original decision to decline my warranty claim. And bear in mind this is only £400 plus vat of a claim. God knows what they would try should it be A Major claim. I had already ordered a car 6 months ago from Days however as I can see the way customers are treated regarding Warranty claims I shall be Cancelling the car order and there will be no further work carried out at their location on the motorhome regardless of the Outcome

OP
OP
I
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Well here's an update on the issues I am having with Ford. After a Long wait the Ombudsman has now taken the reins and Ford are now having to send All the relevant paperwork and emails to them. Ford would not for whatever reason give me access to the mails which were my right under the Freedom of Information Act. They still not even told me why or Who rejected my claim. I had an Independant engineer look at the rust and he told me he regularly gets Transit Van Men coming in and paying for the job out of their pockets due to Ford rejecting their claims. And rather than go through the hassle they just pay up. I now have more water leaking in to the cab and the engineer stated that he could see the rust has risen the bonding on the screen which leaves a gap between screen and metal. The Ombudsman will report back once they conclude what the issue is and we shall then see Exactly what the Ford warranty is worth. The Garage in question did all my motor and habitation service prior to this issue arising. However I no longer go there for the habitation service as my thinking is Why should I pay good money to them when they refuse any help when I need it. So along with the car I cancelled which was £35k this issue will cost the dealership a loss of income in the longer term. And all for £400. I wonder why.?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back