Apr 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
None!
Hi

A newbie here so please be gentle!

Wondering which manufacturers have the best warranties.

Have been looking at Burstner but a bit disappointed you can’t extend the 2 year warranty. Also the dealer isn’t sure yet if you extend fiats warranty and roadside assistance either.

Wondering who has the best warranties and any manufacturers to avoid in this regard.

I tend to prefer manufacturers warranties from car experience as independent ones can be full of silly clauses like you having to contribute for betterment, getting recon parts and things like that.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Dave

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Is that your only concern .. How long the warranty is. You only need a Three year warranty if you buy a crap MH in the first place. Buy something decent and you may not need it. Rather than worrying about the warranty perhaps you should research the Dealer a bit more thoroughly. Loads of rubbish Dealers out there and as your contract is with them and not the manufacturer even a Gold Embossed warranty will not protect your investment.

The warranty on a MH is different to a car. You cannot just take it to any Dealer to get it fixed. Some Dealers will only repair MHs that they have sold.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MealsOnWheels

Free Member
Apr 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
None!
Hi, No absolutely not! I’ve many more concerns but I’m hiring one this weekend to hopefully answer many questions I have.

Maybe I’m being over the top but I have been very badly bitten with a supposedly very reliable prestigious car in the past so want to make sure I’m being captain sensible sometimes too. I would imagine if things go wrong there can be some expensive bills...

Definitely want to buy right. The right brand/model/base/engine/gearbox/dealer/backup from the manufacturer/breakdown/recovery company and actually the finance company plays a part of anything big happens too as it has to me in the past... it’s a big purchase so it all plays a part but warranty is on my mind today...

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
In that case by a Laika from Southdowns in Portsmouth. Absolutely brilliant service and Laika have also been very good with a couple of items out of guarantee. Motorhomes are hand built so none of them are perfect. It's just some are screwed together far better than some others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I believe the Fiat warranty can be extended but you have to do so within 2 weeks of first registration. I would have expected the dealer to know about this.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MealsOnWheels

Free Member
Apr 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
None!
In that case by a Laika from Southdowns in Portsmouth. Absolutely brilliant service and Laika have also been very good with a couple of items out of guarantee. Motorhomes are hand built so none of them are perfect. It's just some are screwed together far better than some others.

Ok great thank you. Portsmouth is too far for me so i’ll be looking for a dealer up north. Will check out Laika. I heard earlier that you tend to get 3 years on British Motorhomes but only 2 years on continental ones, don’t know how accurate that is....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MealsOnWheels

Free Member
Apr 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
None!
I believe the Fiat warranty can be extended but you have to do so within 2 weeks of first registration. I would have expected the dealer to know about this.
Cheers good to know. Yeah they said all the guys had worked there a long time so knew a lot about them and 80% of vans are fiat yet couldn’t answer that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
We extended our 2 year Fiat warranty for another year when it was 18 months old through the dealer.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
We extended our 2 year Fiat warranty for another year when it was 18 months old through the dealer.
Possibly an insurance warranty of the type @Yorkshirepudd is trying to avoid? I have a suspicion that perhaps some dealers don’t mention the Fiat warranty extension because they make money out of selling the insurance backed ones. Maybe best to talk to a dealer who also has Fiat Professional accreditation.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back