Motorhome Versus Caravan (17 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Pretty simple in my book. Caravan's are for people who need to stay on a campsite and Motorhomes are for F..L..T's like me. :dance2::dance2::dance2:

Not quite that simple, we stay on sites but we also tour Europe where a motorhome is by far the best option and tow toad in U.K.
Caravan too cumbersome for us, each to his own I guess.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Tow a tiny toad. Works for us. Well it's a trailered toad but still a toad.

Us too. Best of both worlds - if doing a lot of traveling with short stops or a quick short weekend rally with lots to do we just tend to take the motorhome. Longer trips or planning to stop in one area for a while we tow the Smartcar.

As per other postings we only bought the car as the 2 little dogs were getting old and wouldn’t/couldn’t walk far but it has opened a whole new world to us totally increased the amount of sites we now use and the places we visit:D

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
As ex caravanners, we went straight for a toad on our first MH, an RV, and towed all over Europe including Spain each year with no problems. Now we've a European van, we still tow in the UK but solo on the continent, mainly using aires. Although I doubt if we'll ever do anything about it, I've often thought a panel van conversion towing a caravan would be an ideal combination.

Malcolm

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
My problem with the caravan is the length car an van about 40 foot.and, not being able to use the aires in France. I would love to take the grandkids for the France experience but they can be expensive. I’ll stick with it for now but prefer MH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back