LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Got an email from Comfort to remind me to make sure my tracker subscription is still active. Also in the mail was the below regarding thefts in certain areas. Maybe why insurance has gone up a lot.

Beware of theft

Across the UK, we’ve seen a significant increase in the thefts of motorhomes and campervans, most notably in Coventry, Birmingham, and Leeds. Thefts of motorhomes and campervans, especially those involving vehicles valued between £30,000 and £60,000, have surged by up to 75% compared to the previous year.

There have also been recent reports of an increase of thefts of motorhomes and caravans in York and North Yorkshire. Read the full article here.

So, just a reminder to stay vigilant about your vehicle's security and to regularly check on your vehicle.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I wonder what the real numbers are behind the ‘surge’ 🤔

In my 11 year membership on here I don’t recall a single theft report from a member , a few one day subscribers maybe and a few ‘someone down the road’ tales

Are we lucky or more careful

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I wonder what the real numbers are behind the ‘surge’ 🤔

In my 11 year membership on here I don’t recall a single theft report from a member , a few one day subscribers maybe and a few ‘someone down the road’ tales

Are we lucky or more careful
Unfortunately it has happened to members on here (sorry I didn’t know how to add links to threads)

Fiat Ducato Autotrail Tribute pvc, silver, WU16HCA from Wells, Somerset. Just arrived back from France, was taken overnight, some one was watching. Silver with wavy stripes along side. Please lookout for it.

Our AutoSleeper Nuevo Reg. No HV63UVO was stolen from off of our drive in the early hours of this morning. Tetbury Gloucestershire. The bastards broke into the house found the keys and some of our credit cards! Once they found the keys, all too quick, the hardest part was breaking into the house!
Now in a very stressful state I wish on no-one!

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
I'm about to get a Growler and No Start fitted to my replacement van!
The police found my Nuevo about 6 months after it was stolen, the low life was living in it, they are now back in prison from where they had escaped!👍

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
One of our rally marshall couples had their van stolen as they were about to go to a rally so all the rally gear disappeared with the van. I will leave it up to them if they want to identify themselves. So yes it unfortunately does happen to Funsters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back