Free Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hamilton Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of 10
Exp
Since 2016
i have a 2014 Chausson best of 10 and don't Knowhow to connect the appliances to gas,the manual isn't very clearin their instructions on how to connect and ignite fridge etc.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
When you say "connect to gas" I guess you mean switch them on as they should already be connected, you will have a gas isolation valve for each appliance so these will need turning so the handle is inline with the pipework, your gas bottle needs to be on as well of course.

Martin

OP
OP
Big Nult

Big Nult

Free Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hamilton Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of 10
Exp
Since 2016
When you say "connect to gas" I guess you mean switch them on as they should already be connected, you will have a gas isolation valve for each appliance so these will need turning so the handle is inline with the pipework, your gas bottle needs to be on as well of course.

Martin
Thanks Martin my gas bottle is about empty and I read somewhere if the gas pressure was too low it wouldn't work properly so I'll connect to full gas bottle.do I need to ignite for the fridge ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
The fridge.... once set to gas... will or should... self ignite...

As for low gas in bottle... that shouldn't make a difference... unless of course it's empty...

Ps... you should be able to google the user manual for your fridge... if your Moho "user guide" is unclear... as some fridges are auto changeover types and some are manual... e.g whether they run on gas, 12v or 240v...

Also there may be a button next to your regulator in your gas locker... that may require pressing - if you've had the bottle disconnected...

OP
OP
Big Nult

Big Nult

Free Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hamilton Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of 10
Exp
Since 2016

Martin
The fridge.... once set to gas... will or should... self ignite...

As for low gas in bottle... that shouldn't make a difference... unless of course it's empty...

Ps... you should be able to google the user manual for your fridge... if your Moho "user guide" is unclear... as some fridges are auto changeover types and some are manual... e.g whether they run on gas, 12v or 240v...

Also there may be a button next to your regulator in your gas locker... that may require pressing - if you've had the bottle disconnected...

OP
OP
Big Nult

Big Nult

Free Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hamilton Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of 10
Exp
Since 2016
Cheers Fletton I will try to google ....it's a thetford fridge,thanks for your help.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't understand if you are new to it , or it's just stopped working, but one regular occurrence with these modern fridges is they won't work if they aren't level.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sometimes when you've changed a gas bottle or the gas has been switched off for a while, the fridge will take a couple of goes before it lights. Try lighting a gas ring first to make sure the gas is getting through.

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
I have a best of 510 with the same fridge I believe.

Once you've changed the bottle check hob for gas flow, hold selector button on fridge until it flashes then with arrows move onto gas flame symbol. While gas symbol flashing green, select temp of fridge with arrows that move the green dots up/down. Then push selector button again which will go solid green & you should hear gas ignition.

Sounds complicated but Not in practice.

If no joy, check valve open on manifold in small cupboard below fridge.

I had Gaslow installed to avoid the bottle changing!

Rob

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have the same fridge in our flash 10 we sometimes need to switch it off and on again to get it to work when changing to gas from electric it must think its a computerr!!!

OP
OP
Big Nult

Big Nult

Free Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hamilton Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of 10
Exp
Since 2016
I have a best of 510 with the same fridge I believe.

Once you've changed the bottle check hob for gas flow, hold selector button on fridge until it flashes then with arrows move onto gas flame symbol. While gas symbol flashing green, select temp of fridge with arrows that move the green dots up/down. Then push selector button again which will go solid green & you should hear gas ignition.

Sounds complicated but Not in practice.

If no joy, check valve open on manifold in small cupboard below fridge.

I had Gaslow installed to avoid the bottle changing!

Rob

OP
OP
Big Nult

Big Nult

Free Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hamilton Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of 10
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks everyone for the information my van is in for a repair at the moment but I will go through your directions when I get it back

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Big Nult and Welcome, it looks like you have enough good advice to get on with good luck......(y)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
If your really stuck after trying all the above, we have a manual for that fridge as we have very same van.. Could photograph relevant pages and email them to you, but it would be well into next week as we're away from today.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back