Motorhome Chase (1 Viewer)


Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
Adria Panel Van.
Since 1988
<table style="width: 223px; height: 14px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="portlet_title_logo"> Fox news

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Motor-Home Pursuit Turns into Stand-off
Northridge --

A man led police on a chase today throughout the <st1:place w:st="on">San Fernando Valley</st1:place>, then barricaded himself inside his camper for several hours, until LAPD SWAT officers pumped tear gas into the vehicle and took him into custody, authorities said.

David Rosales, 42, was taken into custody shortly after 9 a.m. by SWAT officers who forced open the door to the camper after using tear gas, <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Los Angeles</st1:place></st1:city> police Capt. Joe Curreri told Fox11.

It was not immediately clear what charges, if any, Rosales would face. He will under go a psychiatric evaluation, Curreri said.

Officers stopped the vehicle for having an expired registration at 1:48 a.m. near <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Dronfield Avenue</st1:address></st1:street> and <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Weidner Street</st1:address></st1:street> in Pacoima, said Sgt. James Reid of the LAPD's Foothill Station.

During the traffic stop, Rosales went back inside the camper, shouted to the officers that he was armed with a weapon and that he was going to shoot himself, Reid said.

He pointed a laser at them and drove off, leading officers throughout the Valley at a steady pace, Reid said, eventually stopping near <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Parthenia Street</st1:address></st1:street> and <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Delco Avenue</st1:address></st1:street> in Northridge.

The area is near the home of an ex-in law, where his children were staying with a relative, Curreri said. Curreri said the relative and children were safely taken into police custody during the standoff, and the area was blocked off to traffic.

Curreri said Rosales was "upset and depressed about the family situation -- not being able to see his children."

SWAT officers broke a window of the camper and provided Rosales with a telephone in an effort to coax him into surrendering. However, he initially refused to come out, even after tear gas was introduced into the vehicle, Curreri said.

During the standoff, police vehicles were parked around the motor home, preventing it from moving, and some evacuations were ordered.


  • standoff.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 21

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread