Motorhome Breakdown Recovery (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
So, I decided I require breakdown recovery for our Lunar Roadstar 720 before our first outing to Malvern :)

I headed over to the Green Flag website and filled in my details - the premium was just over £73 which seemed reasonable. So I read the important notices and found this:
Green Flag Restrictions.PNG

As our van has a storage box and cycle rack on the back end, it may put us outside the Green Flag dimensions. So, a quick Google and up pops Mayday Breakdown Recovery. Once again I fill in the details and was quoted £74, read any exclusions:
Mayday Recovery.PNG

Who provides the cover - Green Flag!

Am I missing something or does the additional premium of less than £1 remove size/weight restrictions :)

I signed up and hope I'm not missing anything!

John

Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
That's who we have, had AA before through bank, but when changed MoHo was outside the limits. One of the Banks, think HSBC has breakdown on its current account that covers any size vehicle, will change over at some point....

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
That's who we have, had AA before through bank, but when changed MoHo was outside the limits. One of the Banks, think HSBC has breakdown on its current account that covers any size vehicle, will change over at some point....
Nationwide Flex account do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
So, I decided I require breakdown recovery for our Lunar Roadstar 720 before our first outing to Malvern :)

I headed over to the Green Flag website and filled in my details - the premium was just over £73 which seemed reasonable. So I read the important notices and found this:
View attachment 523024

As our van has a storage box and cycle rack on the back end, it may put us outside the Green Flag dimensions. So, a quick Google and up pops Mayday Breakdown Recovery. Once again I fill in the details and was quoted £74, read any exclusions:
View attachment 523026

Am I missing something or does the additional premium of less than £1 remove size/weight restrictions :)

John
This is normally in association with one of the camping clubs (can't remember which but think camping and caravan). So the catch is your a member of them to get mayday

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

View attachment 523024

View attachment 523026

John
Does that included European cover?

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
No, European was an option I believe.

There was nothing that said I needed to be a member of CAMC.

I have a Halifax Ultimate back account - even reading their benefits I couldn't be confident that I'd be covered for recovery to home!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No, European was an option I believe.

There was nothing that said I needed to be a member of CAMC.

I have a Halifax Ultimate back account - even reading their benefits I couldn't be confident that I'd be covered for recovery to home!
Do ours via our insurance Comfort £65 full European cover no size restrictions.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When Adrian Flux offered me breakdown cover I mentioned the size of our motorhome with regards to recovery. They said they use AA comertial . I havnt had to use it but in theory the AA will contract a comertial recovery company to carry out the recovery.

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
I recently insured our van with AF and when I looked into their breakdown recovery, because our van exceeds 7.2m they wouldn't cover it. So we went elsewhere.

Deleted User
Nationwide Flex Account - up to 8 metres length motorhome, covers EU too. Have used twice on minor breakdowns and they were exceptional!

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
Nationwide Flex Account - up to 8 metres length motorhome, covers EU too. Have used twice on minor breakdowns and they were exceptional!
Never used for a breakdown. Hope it stays as good when they start using aa next year

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I hope you DON'T get the woman at the other end when we called them, Oh! three years ago.
She insisted that, because we were a Motorhome, we weren't covered.

I put it on her toes that I would call out another breakdown Co., and sue them plus costs for that amount
and further suggested she contact her line manager to confirm that she was wrong.

She rang me back a short time later and lied through her teeth when she said she was unaware of the RECENT CHANGE??? in T & C's.

I called her out on that one and complained by letter to the HQ.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back