Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Not like they did in top gear...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohkAxbeMxVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Extreme motorhome racing - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

I know you can get very close to the nurburgring in a motorhome but I am not too sure about other circuits.
So which European motor racing circuits can you camp beside..
Being a bit of a softy I would want EHU and water / waste disposal too.
I am specifically interested in sites you can just walk easily to watch the racing.

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I know i can do a Google search (and I have) .. But the results can be misleading.
So I am looking for experiences.. Esp of European circuits such as pau etc
For example.. Silverstone.. Expensive and most sites do not have easy access to the circuit ...
So.. Anyone have any experiences

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Silverstone has loads of on site camping, motorhoming and caravanning facilities, with EHU, water, toilets, showers and even a pub (of sorts). Loads of food outlets and there is usually entertainment (bands)
Access is very good due to the new roads and the by-pass of Silverstone village.
Their web site is very good and you can phone them with any queries.
Quite expensive for the big events (EHU £40-£50 for four nights)

Jerez has a dedicated site adjacent to the circuit but I am not sure about all of the facilities, ie EHU, but there are toilets and water etc. Loads of food outlets.
Access is very good and is straight off a motorway.
Check pricing on their useful web site (it has an English version).

Assen has good facilities but have not been there for a few years, so I would advise checking with them.

Donnington Park is off my list as the last time we went they were taking everybodies gas bottles off them, even MHs and caravans, for collection as you left. It may have changed now but I have never been back, even for the day.

Hope that is a good start for you.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
A lot of it depends on what you want to watch, if it's F1 or Moto GP then it is expensive and EHU's are harder to find close to the circuits.

Silverstone Woodlands is on site, the hookup spaces are quite tight but well marked out. The pub on site even has it's own beer - Woodlands Best.

If you want full on atmosphere, Spa-Francorchamps camping in Belgium is a short walk to La Source. Go for the F1 grand prix and expect partying all night, not up to funster level you must understand, but Ferrari fans like their air horns. No EHU's but close to the circuit.

If it is cars and you want just to try it out, try historic racing. Silverstone Classic in July is entertaining and Oulton Park 24-26 August, you camp in the circuit. There is a 5 van C&CC CL at Mallory Park, but the track is under pressure to close - the locals don't like the noise.

Across Europe, where you can park close to the circuits, facilities are limited and you need to get there early, these spots are popular.

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Camping at Monza is literally right behind the bus stop chicane. < 5 min stroll and you're by the track.

I enjoy visits to Mallory as the only access to the paddock is via a bit of the circuit - I love using the full width of the circuit and taking moho round the hairpin! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Never been to a car race meeting but the first owner of my MH towed Lola's all over Europe so if it could talk it would tell me all about it

Attachments

• lola.jpg
    lola.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 6

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back