Motor home with fixed singles <£20k (1 Viewer)

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
Hi all
If you were lucky enough to avoid my first post...

We're looking for our first motor home, and from your feedback, it appears that a MH with an island bed is outside of our budget :(

So it's 'Plan B'...

Suggestions, please, for a MH with fixed twin beds, in a short-ish model, for <£20k?

Thanks
Rob n Sue

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Didn't see your other posts so don't know what you require but we have a compass avantgaurd 150 and it is similar to a lot of other compass and eldis vans and has the u shaped longe at the rear that makes up in to a large double bed, in practice we never take the bed down but just roll the duvet up and push it back and then just use the bed as one big seat , quite adequate with a folding table for meals and great for just lounging on other times, at night just roll the duvet back and you are in bed.
Plenty of these type of vans about for less than 20 grand, we love it and have no plan of ever changing it(y):)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robert Phillips

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
We don't have many requirements really.
If it hasn't got it... I guess we can always add it later(?), within reason.
However, we didn't want to crawl over each other in the middle of the night to go to the loo! Hence the twin beds.
I was also hoping to keep the length to a minimum by using front swivel chairs and 2 belted fwd facing seats, to make up a, compact, lounge/diner.
Thoughts peeps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We don't have many requirements really.
If it hasn't got it... I guess we can always add it later(?), within reason.
However, we didn't want to crawl over each other in the middle of the night to go to the loo! Hence the twin beds.
I was also hoping to keep the length to a minimum by using front swivel chairs and 2 belted fwd facing seats, to make up a, compact, lounge/diner.
Thoughts peeps?
We also have a swivel seat at the front but never need it , do I take it bywanting two more belted seats there is more than two of you use ing the van , if so that puts a compleatly different slant on it.

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Would a French bed be a possible compromise?
Reasonably easy to climb out of bed without disturbing partner, lots of 'shorter' vans with this layout and best of all, huge selection under 20k....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robert Phillips

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
No, the seats are just for the transport of friends/family, there's no intention of sleeping 4. We'll be using the van to visit our children, and touring in convoy with our friends with their van.
We hadn't considered a French bed... but it looks like we might need to.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Nooooo, not a French bed! We hired a moho 3 years ago, a Swift, with a French bed and it was one of the main reasons we said (at the time) we're never going in a motorhome again. I slept near the window and it was impossible to get out during the night without disturbing/flattening your partner, and it was high up so you couldn't just step out. We now have twin singles, but no good for you as it is a new moho. Needless to say we changed our mind on the "never again" lol.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Theres no point really asking it will depend on what comes up in your price point near you and at that price it will probably be older so the condition will be all important. Just have to get out and looking!!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robert Phillips

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
That reinforces what i thought, and neither of us are light weights!
As much as I'd prefer to buy one locally I'm not too worried about travelling to get the right one.
So, can I assume there are no mohos in that budget with fixed singles?

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As I explained in my first post you don't have to put the beds away every day even if they are not fixed
What is a single bed at night can easily be a sofa in the day without altering anything

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That reinforces what i thought, and neither of us are light weights!
As much as I'd prefer to buy one locally I'm not too worried about travelling to get the right one.
So, can I assume there are no mohos in that budget with fixed singles?
Have a look at this , this is what I am talking about , either beds or sofa , take your pick, and only just over half your budget so a bit left over to convert it a bit more.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=112530016833&globalID=EBAY-GB

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robert Phillips

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
As I explained in my first post you don't have to put the beds away every day even if they are not fixed
What is a single bed at night can easily be a sofa in the day without altering anything
I'll have a look. We're off to the show in Bath n West next a Friday.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robert Phillips

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our first van had a French bed we thought it was a great layout, no problems with either person getting out. The bed was 7' long so inside person could past the other person. It was a Hymer Tramp 654SL, only changed because we wanted an A Class and a garage.
Unlikely to get a van with fixed twins much under 7m & probably not many around in age of van that fits your budget.

Upvote 0

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Hi
We have a Dethleffs 7014 with single beds , looking to sell soon. PM me and well have a chat, price would be £28k though.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
We have a 2007 Autocruise , less than 7m long, with two long central sofas which can be made into a huge double bed or used as two singles. They are very comfy and you might more easily find something like that in your budget. Good luck!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robert Phillips

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
Hi
We have a Dethleffs 7014 with single beds , looking to sell soon. PM me and well have a chat, price would be £28k though.
Looks just the job!
Though it's a bit early for us to buy, no money yet, and a outside our budget.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Robert Phillips

Robert Phillips

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Planning to buy one
Exp
Hi
Looks just the job!
Though it's a bit early for us to buy, no money yet, and a outside our budget.

Upvote 0

lucas70

Free Member
May 25, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia A class
Exp
looking to buy
hi there, we looked at many different layouts before deciding on a u shaped lounge or twin fixed beds. we eventually purchased an i700 frankia with fixed beds the main reason being the room and build quality. alas I doubt you would find similar unless you spend around £30.000

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back