"Motor home diesel emissions scandal" affecting Fiat Ducato vans (2 Viewers)

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Same as Mercedes and VW
There is a thread or two about it somewhere from a few months ago
Other makes are also implicated as well I believe

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
How do I get Google to translate the link that you posted?

Mine Durch est Kline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
How do I get Google to translate the link that you posted?

Mine Durch est Kline
This is it down as far as the lists of MHs
Motorhome diesel scandal
Summary:
Diesel vehicles from VW, Mercedes, Fiat and Iveco are affected by the emissions scandal, for example the Fiat Ducato.
Many RV owners can also claim compensation.
Westfalia, Knaus, Pössl, Niesmann + Bischoff, Dethleffs, Hymer and others are affected.
Motorhome diesel scandal
Many mobile homes are also affected by the diesel emissions scandal, especially if they are based on VW, Mercedes, Iveco or Fiat models.
For some time now, in addition to VW and Mercedes, Fiat and Iveco have also been suspected of being involved in the emissions scandal. In particular, a time-controlled shutdown device is said to have been used in Fiat engines, which were also used by Iveco. That means: the exhaust gas cleaning only works as long as an exhaust gas test takes. Diesel manipulations have been known for years in VW and Mercedes models such as Crafter, "Bulli" or Sprinter, which are also used as mobile homes. With the basic models, the campers based on them are likely to be affected by the emissions scandal.
Nevertheless, the corporations and motorhome manufacturers who use the affected models as the basis for their campers have so far prevented a wave of lawsuits. Allegedly, both the Italian authorities and the Federal Ministry of Transport have held their protective hand over the mobile home manufacturers. Since the public prosecutor's office searched the offices of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Iveco in July 2020, the situation for the manufacturers has become increasingly uncomfortable. In December 2020, the DUH also published measurements on two mobile homes: a Pilote G700G and a Dethleffs T7150 (both based on a Fiat Ducato 150 Multijet). In both cases, the limit values for nitrogen oxides and carbon dioxide were exceeded significantly, in some cases almost tenfold. The Fiat emissions scandal also reached motorhome manufacturers.
More money for your diesel - calculate the benefit for free
On the one hand, the owners of motorhomes with inadmissible disconnection devices are threatened with loss of value, forced updates to the engine management system (with uncertain consequences) and, in the worst case, shutdown. On the other hand, there are BGH judgments against VW in the emissions scandal, according to which the owners can return their affected vehicles with illegal defeat devices. At the end of 2020, the ADAC advised Fiat drivers in particular who still have a guarantee to seek advice from a lawyer.
Compensation for your camping bus

In principle, a motorhome with an impermissible defeat device cannot be approved. This means that campers affected by the diesel scandal have a material defect. If the warranty has not yet expired, customers can therefore make the following claims from their dealer:
Improvement: This should currently only be possible for models based on VW and Mercedes, as Fiat and Iveco have not yet offered any software updates. It could also increase consumption or damage the engine.
Replacement delivery: If there is a more recent model that does not use a defeat device, a new vehicle can be requested.
Reduction: The customer concerned is reimbursed part of the purchase price.
Returns: The purchase will be reversed.
The warranty period runs from the date of handover in Germany for 2 years for new cars and one year for used cars.
How much compensation? Calculate now for free
Even after the warranty has expired, the owners of affected vehicles are not left with their damage. In the case of VW, the BGH determined that an illegal defeat device constitutes “immoral damage”. This only expires 10 years after the purchase or, as soon as you know about the fraud, after 3 years at the end of the year. This is how long you can ask the manufacturer of the motorhome to reverse the transaction or ask for compensation. Since it can probably not be proven with every manufacturer of motorhomes that they knew about the illegal defeat devices, in many cases a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the basic vehicle (or the engine), i.e. VW, Mercedes, Fiat or Iveco, is an option. There are also court rulings from the VW Group for this, in which, for example, Audi was convicted for an engine delivered to Porsche.
In addition to a lump-sum compensation payment, the emissions scandal above all enforced reversal as a model for compensation. The customer returns his mobile home and the manufacturer reimburses the purchase price. A usage fee is deducted from the price, which depends on the purchase price, the kilometers driven and the expected mileage of the caravan. Since many motorhomes are only driven a little (they are often standing around), but the basic delivery vans are designed for a much higher lifetime performance than the 300,000 km specified by the BGH for cars, the reimbursement is likely to be significantly higher in most cases than the current one Market value. This should be an attractive alternative, especially for models that are threatened by diesel driving bans (especially with the Euro 5 emissions standard).
Subsequent installations in affected mobile homes

Campers are often retrofitted with additional attachments. Examples include Solar systems or additional furniture or electrical appliances. In the event of a successful exhaust scandal lawsuit, these subsequent installations usually increase the claim for damages or the reimbursement amount.
Which motorhomes are affected by the diesel scandal

According to our information, most diesel motorhomes built on the basis of VW, Mercedes, Iveco or Fiat models are affected. Examples of affected basic models are VW Bulli (T5 or T6), VW Crafter, Mercedes Sprinter and Fiat Ducato. At Fiat / Iveco it is mainly to vehicles of the emission classes Euro 5 and Euro 6 from the years 2014 to 2019.
In the case of Fiat-based motorhomes, the focus is on the "Light Duty / Heavy Duty" engines:
110 Multijet, engine code: F1AE3481G
115 Multijet, engine code: 250A1000
150 Mulitjet, engine code: F1AE3481D
180 Multijet, engine code: F1CE3481E
Other engine variants (e.g. the 2.3 liter Multijet II) can also be affected by the emissions scandal, but the above-mentioned engines are already the focus of the public prosecutor's investigations. Some lawyers assume that all Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines from Fiat and Iveco are affected by the emissions scandal. Iveco supplies many motorhome manufacturers with Daily Hi-Matic, Daily 4 × 4 and Eurocargo bases, which are also suspected.
In the case of motorhomes based on Volkswagen and Mercedes, the same types of engine are affected as in the case of cars and delivery vans. There are already many consumer-friendly judgments relating to the basic models, for example VW T5, VW T6, VW Crafter, Mercedes V-Class, Mercedes Vito or Viano or Mercedes Sprinter.
The following list shows which mobile homes, according to our information, are already relatively certain to be affected by the emissions scandal. This list is not exhaustive either. On the one hand, as I said, other engines can be added; on the other hand, the list of motorhomes affected by the emissions scandal has so far only been based on vehicles based on Volkswagen, Mercedes, Fiat and Iveco models. In some cases, however, campers are also built on other basic vehicles for which involvement in the emissions scandal has not (yet) been proven.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Thanks. Riverboatannie❤️

I wonder if Peugeot have been honest, I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks. Riverboatannie❤️
You can translate anything, if it is in foreign, hold your finger on it and you will get options click on ,select all, then somewhere an option for translate will come up, select what you want it in, English in this case and it will be in English. (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I see the “ambulance chasers “ are already here.
Be careful.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Don’t work on my iPad☹️

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
It does on mine. Fictious info put in but did take me through to sign here page. It would appear that they will take 50% of any award should they be successful.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I use google on my iPad all the time only use Safari for this site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back