Morning I have a question how the hell do I get the socks to work in swift 635 08 plate got lights on but no sockets thanks (1 Viewer)

AAL

Free Member
Oct 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Mrs
Exp
635ek swift motorhome 08
Morning can anyone tell me how to get sockets on in 635ek swift motorhome cheers

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Are the main circuit-breakers switched on? Are you connected to an Electric Hook Up (EHU)? If not, then sockets will only work if you have an inverter.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍 If van not connected to mains hook-up then mains sockets will not work. (Unless you fit an inverter)

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Alan and :welcome4:. See you took my advice and joined! I know you now think that was a stupid question but as I said, you're not the first. But most importantly, there's no such thing as a stupid question so never be afraid to ask.

For other Funsters, OP lives a few doors up from me and has just bought a very nice Swift Voyager, relatively low mileage and in immaculate condition. We spent a couple of hours yesterday going over it, helping him to understand how everything works, (which it seems to). Must admit the hookup was one thing I didn't cover as it wasn't near a hookup point and, stupid of me really, hadn't thought about.

Just one thing puzzling us both though so I'll ask for him - seem to have to have the main lights switch on the panel on to get the reading lights and the overcab bed light to work. This doesn't make sense as you appaer to have to have the main central lights on any time you want the others; couldn't find a separate switch. Anyone with this model Voyager have a clue?

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Can't say about the voyager but our escape had a couple of lights which ran from the engine battery.

Upvote 0

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Hi Alan and :welcome4:. See you took my advice and joined! I know you now think that was a stupid question but as I said, you're not the first. But most importantly, there's no such thing as a stupid question so never be afraid to ask.

For other Funsters, OP lives a few doors up from me and has just bought a very nice Swift Voyager, relatively low mileage and in immaculate condition. We spent a couple of hours yesterday going over it, helping him to understand how everything works, (which it seems to). Must admit the hookup was one thing I didn't cover as it wasn't near a hookup point and, stupid of me really, hadn't thought about.

Just one thing puzzling us both though so I'll ask for him - seem to have to have the main lights switch on the panel on to get the reading lights and the overcab bed light to work. This doesn't make sense as you appaer to have to have the main central lights on any time you want the others; couldn't find a separate switch. Anyone with this model Voyager have a clue?

Have you checked the main lights don’t have a switch on the actual light fittings?

Have you found all the wall mounted light switches, probably next to the hab door and also in the kitchen area?

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Tip/Aide memoire for the OP:

2020-10-18 EHU sock 002.JPG

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
In our 2013 AT you switch on the main light switch however there is another switch on the control panel that switches off the central \ under-cabinet lights.

edit: ps it's a Sargent EC480 panel and the switch looks like two lights pointing downwards with one being "black" and the other "white". One press dims under-cabinet lights and second switches them off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

They were probably added later on the same wiring is there a switch on the light fittings?

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
At least with socks you don't have to worry about reverse polarity.
Depends on the type of socks

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Had a Swift Bessacarr and the central lights had a separate switch on the rim of the light.

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Depends on the type of socks
I've got two pairs of those.

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
In our 2013 AT you switch on the main light switch however there is another switch on the control panel that switches off the central \ under-cabinet lights.

edit: ps it's a Sargent EC480 panel and the switch looks like two lights pointing downwards with one being "black" and the other "white". One press dims under-cabinet lights and second switches them off.

It's the older panel, same as in our Bolero but unlike ours has no other switch.

Have you checked the main lights don’t have a switch on the actual light fittings?

Have you found all the wall mounted light switches, probably next to the hab door and also in the kitchen area?

Must go and have another look as we didn't see any, although now it seems a bit obvious.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back