More disappointment (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Just a quick post to say that our long awaited Easter break with Pam and Geo is now cancelled - we were going to Warwick racecourse - and I will be cancelling our pitch in the morning. As they are fully booked on their hardstanding, I was wondering if anyone else wanted to jump in quick and take our spot. There is a race meet on the Sunday, there is a market on Saturday, and the castle is open all four days Fri - Monday.

Our Fleetwood Flair that we bought from Travelworld many months ago is going into their workshops yet again - and we have to get it roadworthy before we go to France in three weeks time. Unfortunately Keith and I are not able to take more time off work for the 200 mile round trip this time, so we are having to pay Travelworld to come and collect it tomorrow from a local workshop in Northampton (where it has been since monday), so they can carry out more warranty work.

So as I say, anyone who might want to snap up the pitch, it will be available tomorrow.:Angry:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:Sad:so sorry that you have had to cancel your easter break, mind you looking at the weather i think the racing may get cancelled too!, hope that your m/home gets sorted once and for all i am routing for you both:thumb:
ruth

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Sharon, surely after all the trouble you have had Travelworld should be paying you not the other way round. with it all being warranty work Id be spittin feathers if they expected me to keep paying to take it back. All this hassle cant be doing their reputation any good either. You'd think they would be wanting to keep you guys sweet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
STOP PRESS

I am cancelling Geo's pitch in the morning too, so two pitches will be available.

And Tony, I cannot begin to tell you how I feel right now. We have had to cancel so many weekends because this vehicle still isn't roadworthy - but at least it starts now:Cool:
I just hope that we can make the Hilltop meet that Geo has organised in two weeks time.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
geo and pammy, you are very welcome to join us at cwmcutten, i don't know wheter there are any spaces left, but if you fancy it give eileen a call:Smile:
ruth

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi :RollEyes:sorry to hear sharon:Sad: hope the bus gets sorted soon :thumb:

RAY

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Sharon,

Is anyone else going? I can't see it in the calendar so it might have been just you and Geo/Pammy.

If others are going maybe put it in the calendar so others might catch it?

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Sharon,

Is anyone else going? I can't see it in the calendar so it might have been just you and Geo/Pammy.

If others are going maybe put it in the calendar so others might catch it?

Hi Bryan

No, it wasn't put up as a meet because there were only two pitches available when we booked all those months ago.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
geo and pammy, you are very welcome to join us at cwmcutten, i don't know wheter there are any spaces left, but if you fancy it give eileen a call:Smile:
ruth

i had to cancel cwmcutten easter meet last night 'cos of me mums health :Sad: so there should be one pitch at least.. i was really looking forward to it as well .:cry:

hope to meet up again soon one way or another.

john.

Last edited:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
i had to cancel cwmcutten easter meet last night 'cos of me mums health :Sad: so there should be one pitch at least.. i was really looking forward to it as well .:cry:

hope to meet up again soon one way or another.

john.

Sorry to hear about your mums health John hope she gets better soon
We will miss you at the meet but look forward to seeing you again soon :thumb:

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Hi Sharon and Keith ,so sorry you have to cancel you Easter weekend ,Its so maddening when these people take your money they seem to think thats it ,with no comeback on them ,we know how you feel as when we first brought our motorhome from Brownhills in the first year it was with them 7 months out of 12 .Now you know why its closed down ,anyway good luck and lets hope its all fixed for when you go to France .
Betty:cry:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Just a quick post to say that our long awaited Easter break with Pam and Geo is now cancelled - we were going to Warwick racecourse - and I will be cancelling our pitch in the morning. As they are fully booked on their hardstanding, I was wondering if anyone else wanted to jump in quick and take our spot. There is a race meet on the Sunday, there is a market on Saturday, and the castle is open all four days Fri - Monday.

Our Fleetwood Flair that we bought from Travelworld many months ago is going into their workshops yet again - and we have to get it roadworthy before we go to France in three weeks time. Unfortunately Keith and I are not able to take more time off work for the 200 mile round trip this time, so we are having to pay Travelworld to come and collect it tomorrow from a local workshop in Northampton (where it has been since monday), so they can carry out more warranty work.

So as I say, anyone who might want to snap up the pitch, it will be available tomorrow.:Angry:

Sorry to hear you guys are still having problems With the RV.

Hope they fully sort it before you go away.

"Pay for Travelworld to come and collect it"?

I would have thought after all the problems, they would cover this cost under the warranty as well.:Angry:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Sad: Very sorry to hear about your continuing problems Sharon & Keith. I just wonder in todays world if there ARE any decent dealers? :Angry:

:Cool:Hope you finally get it sorted in time for your French trip. Happy future RV'ing. :winky:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
"Pay for Travelworld to come and collect it"?

I would have thought after all the problems, they would cover this cost under the warranty as well.:Angry:

Well Keith told them how much it costs us in lost revenue if we take a day off, so their service director said that their charge to come and collect should not be a problem for us to pay:Doh::Doh:
Unfortunately we have to take the work when it comes to meet our financial commitments, and when we do turn it down, it is a very expensive day for us. Then of course there is the RV fuel there and back, and my car's petrol to give Keith a lift back.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Right, just this minute cancelled both our pitches, so if you do want them, now is the time to call!:winky:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for all your sympathetic replies guys, it would appear that buying from a dealer is not any sort of guarantee these days.
Yet another lost weekend and more lost revenue, these guys seem to think it is a joke. As Sharon said, we have to make our money as and when we can and this is our busiest period so due to the time limitations of us working hard and going to France soon, therefore not having any more time to drive it back to Telford, we were offered a driver to collect the RV from Northampton and deliver it to Travelworld. We were informed that this would have to be charged out to us. I told Simon Harper, the Travelworld service director, that I had already taken Monday off work to take the RV into the diesel shop in Northampton and it cost us money every time we did this, his reply was that the money they were charging for a driver was insignificant in that case. It would seem to me that whilst the amount of money is certainly insignificant, the principal of charging the customer because your company has been unsuccessful in finding a fault, whilst the product has been in your company's workshop for a total of over 11 weeks is somehow not so insignificant.
The canceled weekend at Warwick with friends PLUS the attitude that now seems to be creeping in PLUS the fact that it is beautiful and sunny in our GARDEN is really starting to wind me up, and this is taking the shine off our Travelworld purchase.
I have always maintained that actions speak louder than words so we shall soon see.
Thanks again

Keith

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Keith,
It's probably scant consolution but hang on in there Mate, when it's finally sorted you are going to have a fabulous RV. Thankfully Travelworld are taking their obligations seriously even if it isn't particularly quickly. Somehow, I can't imagine Brownhills doing as much:Smile:
I don't know the mileage but the symptoms are similar to those on a boat bought by a friend of ours. His engines were 25 years old and done less than 600 hours. It's often the case that the mechanicals suffer more from laying idle than they do from use. In the boating industry engines are normally excluded from warranties and Andy spent a fortune on his before it was right.
Hope you get it all sorted soon and look forward to meeting again.

Regards
Doug 'n Bar

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well fortunately Kieth has a much more comprehensive warranty from Travelworld,
If anything goes wrong he can take it back:thumb:

They wont fix it,:Sad:

But he can take it back:cry: Kieth affectionately calls it Woody
Travelworld mechanics, oops strike mechanics, fitters call it the Boomerang:Angry:
Geo

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi Keith sorry that its still not fixed, I think I would have left it at the garage and paid for them to fix it, I know that lets TW off the hook, but if the bodgers couldn't fix it so far, then what hope for the future? How many more times is it going back?

You could then have put a detailed post on here and every other site, showing what a pile of poo they are.

Olley

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
hi Keith sorry that its still not fixed, I think I would have left it at the garage and paid for them to fix it, I know that lets TW off the hook, but if the bodgers couldn't fix it so far, then what hope for the future? How many more times is it going back?

You could then have put a detailed post on here and every other site, showing what a pile of poo they are.

Olley

Hi Olley
I had considered paying for the repair myself but two things stopped me. The first is that if I refuse to let Travelworld repair it then I have given up any rights I have, and secondly I was quoted £1000 to remove the pump, test it and refit it. That price did not include any repairs or parts that may be required, so I can fully understand Travelworld not wanting to pay that out for labour.
Basically the guys at Northampton Diesel were told by someone at Travelworld that our RV started on the button and did 65 mph so they considered there was no problem. Well it has NEVER started on the button for us (it did not start or perform to well for Northampton Diesel either) and I have never seen it go at 65 mph, unless I was on a long downhill stretch..........
Travelworld are having their fitter remove the pump and they are then going to send it off to a Stanadyne expert?????? Their fitter will then replace the pump and hopefully we will be done at that point. I really hope that I do not get told something like "we can't find a problem" because I just cannot believe that any vehicle would be let out of the factory with the sort of performance that our Fleetwood has. I really suspect that this particular RV is soooooooo slow because Simon told me a few weeks ago when we collected it in February, that one of his technicians had made a comment on the original job sheet back in October / November of 2007, that it was very poor on performance and this from someone who is familiar with driving these coaches.......
I sincerely hope that they finally get it fixed, as they should have done from the get go, and let us get on with our lives, there is another way, but I do not want to contemplate that method just now......
So far Travelworld have not dismissed this issue and are doing the right things (although very slowly and in the wrong order...) so I have to give them the opportunity to provide us with what we bought.
I really do hope that it will all be over soon.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Keith, a grand!! this seems an incredible figure, it used to take about 30 minutes to remove a simms or lucas pump, I would be surprised it yours was much harder.

Don't know about testing as we simply swapped them for recons. but as far as I know you just mount it on test rig, even if that took a day, which I think is unlikely, that doesn't come close to a grand.

Olley

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Olley
Yep that is what I was quoted which is why Travelworld recovered the coach because it seems so much money. I guessed at the bill being about £2-300 and would have paid that just to get this RV sorted out as I still have very little confidence that it will be sorted even yet. The guy at the diesel shop reckoned that the radiators and everything had to come out to gain access to the front of the engine so that the drive gears could be released??? I know nothing so am unable to comment, but my thinking was that it just needed the 10 fuel lines disconnecting and the 4 bolts that hold the pump onto the engine removing and it would just drop out........ Obviosly not :Eeek:
Anyway, I am sitting here wishing I was away in the RV and hating the fact that we have lost another (LONG AWAITED) weekend :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Keith

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Keith, I have the workhorse workshop manual, this covers all engines fitted by them from 1997, and includes the 6.5TD which I belive is the same as yours, the removal is exactly as you state.

Its possible that you wouldn't be able to get in and see the timing marks on the gears without removing the rad. Can you access your engine from inside, or do you have to go in from the back? If you can access it from inside I suppose they knew that?

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back