LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Work has mucked up and not given me enough annual leave for the past 10 years having changed from 8 to 12 hours shifts.

I was offered the choice of money, leave amounting to 24 ish days to be taken over 3 years, or a mix of both.

What I currently get gives me enough time to have a month away, and 2 lots of 3 weeks holidays whereas the extra 8 days per year (for the next 3 years) gives me 3 separate months away in a year.

If I had taken the money it would be about 6-7 weeks wages.

Wife wanted the money. She didnt get her choice and has to spend more time away on holiday with me now and you get a load more annoying photos !

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Also if your pay goes up a day off will be more money ..if that makes sense

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Also if your pay goes up a day off will be more money ..if that makes sense
I sort of looked at it like that.
I never had it to start it with (to my knowledge) and they give me an extra 16 days (8 days leave equates to 16 days away) each year for the next 3 years and they are paying me to stay away and enjoy the motorhome.

May 15, 2020
York
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 709
Exp
Learning
You haven’t missed the money, 100% take leave days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I'd have taken the money and given it all to my lovely wife ... :rolleyes:

Does that also mean additional leave aswell each your from now on (albeit perhaps just one day)? Result !!

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
You can’t buy time on holiday in years to come.

I would buy leave back in an instant if I could. My favourite times are away in the van, it’s worth a fortune to me.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I'd have taken the money and given it all to my lovely wife ... :rolleyes:

Does that also mean additional leave aswell each your from now on (albeit perhaps just one day)? Result !!
2.6 days per leave "extra" each year as well.

As a starting point (before I gain anything extra) I should get 9 blocks of 12 days off or 3 blocks of 28 days off for the next 3 years.

But I can add to that with TOIL for training days. I am just about to earn 3 TOIL days as my First Aid Course starts today and another 3 days for another course in December gives me shed loads.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
In these troubles times you could offer to just write off the error and carry on working as normal. Millions work extra unpaid hours for no reward to help out their business.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
In these troubles times you could offer to just write off the error and carry on working as normal. Millions work extra unpaid hours for no reward to help out their business.
I could....but absolutely no chance. I have already worked (and continue to) 4 hours per week for nothing as does everyone in the department.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Definitely take the extra leave (y)
My company allows us to buy upto 5 days leave per year - I started doing this a couple of years ago and will keep on doing it as long as its offered. I'm most definitely in the "work to live" camp rather than the "live to work" one ;)

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I had a Chief Inspector many years back who loved work, worked many unpaid hours until,the Inspectorate arrived at the station,he had 134 unpaid hours registered, he was ordered to take it as leave. If you were at work you had to be paid. It did change in later years where the first 30minutes was unpaid.
Take the leave if you have enough money.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Work for free so someone else can turn a bigger profit or your public sector organisation can under invest in the staff requirements and provide a poorer service.

No chance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back