Moonwalk for Breast Cancer- 26 miles (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Behind The Scenes Yes GIF by The SpongeBob Musical

Well done ladies and support acts.

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Helen here taking over Ryan's account.... WOW!! I cannot thank you guys enough for your support through sponsorship, encouragement and words of wisdom. We signed ourselves up for this challenge over 18 months ago and the original event couldn't take place. Despite this, my friend and I continued with our training through all weathers and various personal, physical and mental health obstacles. Every single email notifying me of a donation made me more determined to not only complete this challenge, but to attempt to do so in under 6 hours. We trained religiously to meet this target and honour your generous donations and in doing so trained through sun, rain, gale force winds, snow and weather that was so cold our hair actually froze stiff! Regardless of the unpredictable coastal weather we totally loved our training, our (socially distanced) time together, sharing our woes and nourishing a 20 year friendship. We regularly logged our training and knew we were fairly fast. We needed to average under 13min 30sec miles to beat 6h and we knew we could do this for 16 miles in fair weather... we were unsure of the next 10.2 😬 Yesterday was awful, dreary, wet, miserable and blustery. We regularly chatted along the way about why we were doing it and this was a constant boost in motivation. Despite feeling like a Rich Tea biscuit having been dunked in tea for too long, we battled on. Ryan and Rich were incredible support and were there at various milestones with vital supplies and heaps of moral support. They were absolute diamonds! 😍 The last 4 miles were the toughest but the email notifications kept pinging! This spurred us on and even though our legs felt like they were controlled by a puppet master we powered on through the rain to achieve a 5h 50min finishing time! I honestly believe that this would not have been possible without the incredible support from this forum. You are such a wonderful, generous, kind and supportive network and I am immensely grateful. Between us we have raised over £1.6k for incredible Breast Cancer charities and you have been absolutely pivotal in that! You wonderful wonderful people! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 😘😘😘

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Helen here taking over Ryan's account.... WOW!! I cannot thank you guys enough for your support through sponsorship, encouragement and words of wisdom. We signed ourselves up for this challenge over 18 months ago and the original event couldn't take place. Despite this, my friend and I continued with our training through all weathers and various personal, physical and mental health obstacles. Every single email notifying me of a donation made me more determined to not only complete this challenge, but to attempt to do so in under 6 hours. We trained religiously to meet this target and honour your generous donations and in doing so trained through sun, rain, gale force winds, snow and weather that was so cold our hair actually froze stiff! Regardless of the unpredictable coastal weather we totally loved our training, our (socially distanced) time together, sharing our woes and nourishing a 20 year friendship. We regularly logged our training and knew we were fairly fast. We needed to average under 13min 30sec miles to beat 6h and we knew we could do this for 16 miles in fair weather... we were unsure of the next 10.2 😬 Yesterday was awful, dreary, wet, miserable and blustery. We regularly chatted along the way about why we were doing it and this was a constant boost in motivation. Despite feeling like a Rich Tea biscuit having been dunked in tea for too long, we battled on. Ryan and Rich were incredible support and were there at various milestones with vital supplies and heaps of moral support. They were absolute diamonds! 😍 The last 4 miles were the toughest but the email notifications kept pinging! This spurred us on and even though our legs felt like they were controlled by a puppet master we powered on through the rain to achieve a 5h 50min finishing time! I honestly believe that this would not have been possible without the incredible support from this forum. You are such a wonderful, generous, kind and supportive network and I am immensely grateful. Between us we have raised over £1.6k for incredible Breast Cancer charities and you have been absolutely pivotal in that! You wonderful wonderful people! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 😘😘😘
Well done Helen from another Helen. You & your friend did a wonderful thing, pat yourselves on the back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back