Moho Solo - Dead in the water?? (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Just been revisiting Moho Solo.com but find it's closed, disappeared, unavailable? Shame as I think there must be lots of solo MH'ers looking for travelling companions or meet-ups to enjoy walks and or get-togethers. I'm currently arranging meeting up with a couple of solo MH'ers from opposite ends of the country (or nearly 😊) and wondered if anyone else would be interested?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I notice that no one has started a dedicated group here on fun.
To me it makes sense that having a dedicated spot in the groups section would be an easy way to arrange meet ups etc. The Benidorm snowbirds group gets used a lot and keeps us all up to date..

Go on solos get one set up and start using it. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I notice that no one has started a dedicated group here on fun.
To me it makes sense that having a dedicated spot in the groups section would be an easy way to arrange meet ups etc. The Benidorm snowbirds group gets used a lot and keeps us all up to date..

Go on solos get one set up and start using it. (y)

It's been tried several times. One of the problems is that some people think 'Solo' means you are looking for a partner and not travelling companions.. They think it's a dating site.

Solo ladies often meet up regularly as small groups and we support each other in friendship. It has been going for a while.

There is/was a group on here for solos and, I think, there was one that was also open for a dating forum.. But I could be wrong.

The solos I connected with on here go along to the ordinary meets and enjoy mixing with all our friends, solo or not, and if we want to park together try and work that out with the marshalls.

Solo ladies also welcome people who are alone and may feel left out, as most of us have been there.... We are limited in the amount of energy put into making new solos, or newbie couples/families welcome as have been told it encourages cliques. . so no way we would do it again.

May I suggest a new thread every time you want to go on a 'meet up' or journey as a group.. but make sure you specify if the aim is finding a partner or just company, safety, bbqs, music, laughter, quiet time to do your own thing, geo caching, photography, dog walks, going out for a meal, etc etc etc... It can be done.

Solo-driving ladies have been doing it for ages.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
It's been tried several times. One of the problems is that some people think 'Solo' means you are looking for a partner and not travelling companions.. They think it's a dating site.

Solo ladies often meet up regularly as small groups and we support each other in friendship. It has been going for a while.

There is/was a group on here for solos and, I think, there was one that was also open for a dating forum.. But I could be wrong.

The solos I connected with on here go along to the ordinary meets and enjoy mixing with all our friends, solo or not, and if we want to park together try and work that out with the marshalls.

Solo ladies also welcome people who are alone and may feel left out, as most of us have been there.... We are limited in the amount of energy put into making new solos, or newbie couples/families welcome as have been told it encourages cliques. . so no way we would do it again.

May I suggest a new thread every time you want to go on a 'meet up' or journey as a group.. but make sure you specify if the aim is finding a partner or just company, safety, bbqs, music, laughter, quiet time to do your own thing, geo caching, photography, dog walks, going out for a meal, etc etc etc... It can be done.

Solo-driving ladies have been doing it for ages.
Thanks for the tips movan, out of curiosity what's "geo caching" 😀 I'll definitely put my trip on here if it comes off and see who wants to meet up

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Geo caching may not be spelt like that... I don't do it. You have clues and search for an item. A slightly posh version of treasure hunt.

Cal54
Aly1 can you explain please? X

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year

Hope this helps.

We had one in a large oak tree down the road from where I used to live. First time it spooked us that a strange man was hanging around the bushes but after that we would help if we spotted anyone obviously looking.

Ours was quite a sneaky one as the container could only be spotted at certain times of the day when the light was just right before sunset. We spoke to one guy who said it was the 3rd time he had visited before he could tick it off.

Seemed a harmless pastime (y)

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
This may have legs if it gets support

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
This may have legs if it gets support

This was the Mohosolo website that didn’t take off for some reason.

Deleted User
i signed up for it but not many others did unfortunately. Shame really as the reason behind the forum would have fitted in well for my situation. Forums are only as good as the effort put in by members and I like others perhaps did not put enough into it.

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Here goes.... Arranging a meet up for Moho Solos, if you'd like to come along and join us (currently 2 units so far) we'll be at Chapel Lane (B47 6JX) from 12th - 16th Sept. Please book direct and let me know if you're joining us, I plan to arrange some walks and maybe an SD Bar-B-Q if the weather holds out ☀️😁

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Can I say there are a few solo camper goups on the dreaded FB some are lovely and friendly others attract the usual trolls.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Here goes.... Arranging a meet up for Moho Solos, if you'd like to come along and join us (currently 2 units so far) we'll be at Chapel Lane (B47 6JX) from 12th - 16th Sept. Please book direct and let me know if you're joining us, I plan to arrange some walks and maybe an SD Bar-B-Q if the weather holds out ☀😁

Well done you.

Just a suggestion.. Starting a new thread entitled

Meet up for Solo travellers on 12th September

Then on the opening post put something like.. (just a suggestion)..

Trying a new venture for solo motorhomers.. Already 2 units on the list, for.... Dates.... at...... (name of farm or whatever including post code)..
Social distancing will be respected.

Completely new at this so suggestions or support welcomed.

The site is able to take up to.... (no. of units or people) but obviously this may change dependent on Covid rules.

It is local to... (pub/restaurant/takeaways/)....

Trying to organise a walk, bbq, and your suggestions are welcome.

The price is £... per night.

Please support us.. your advice most welcomed.

Regards, Ginster

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Well done you.

Just a suggestion.. Starting a new thread entitled

Meet up for Solo travellers on 12th September

Then on the opening post put something like.. (just a suggestion)..

Trying a new venture for solo motorhomers.. Already 2 units on the list, for.... Dates.... at...... (name of farm or whatever including post code)..
Social distancing will be respected.

Completely new at this so suggestions or support welcomed.

The site is able to take up to.... (no. of units or people) but obviously this may change dependent on Covid rules.

It is local to... (pub/restaurant/takeaways/)....

Trying to organise a walk, bbq, and your suggestions are welcome.

The price is £... per night.

Please support us.. your advice most welcomed.

Regards, Ginster
Thanks movan, I did put another post up under 'Moho Solo Meet Up', not nearly as much info as you've suggested, will remember that for next time 😊👍🏻

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Here goes.... Arranging a meet up for Moho Solos, if you'd like to come along and join us (currently 2 units so far) we'll be at Chapel Lane (B47 6JX) from 12th - 16th Sept. Please book direct and let me know if you're joining us, I plan to arrange some walks and maybe an SD Bar-B-Q if the weather holds out ☀😁
I would have liked to join you but I’m either in France or Scotland.

BonnieCat

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Great idea. sadly can’t make this one as I’ll be away

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
Seeing the title I was expecting a thread about a murder or a tragic accident. Disappointed.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks for the tips movan, out of curiosity what's "geo caching" 😀 I'll definitely put my trip on here if it comes off and see who wants to meet up
Movan has had this fantasy of chasing me around a field for almost as long as I can remember, despite numerous offers and plain bribery she still refuses to tell me what happens when I'm caught.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Movan has had this fantasy of chasing me around a field for almost as long as I can remember, despite numerous offers and plain bribery she still refuses to tell me what happens when I'm caught.

[/QUOTE

]In your dreams and her nightmares :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well done for trying to get something going, I think there's definitely interest for solo meets alongside the usual fun ones. I never thought that I would feel like a spare part when it's all couples but I do these days and I know alot of the solo ladies say the same when we get together.

I also signed up to the solo website but found I was continually flipping between here & there so it didn't really work for me for that reason (too nosey to see what's going on here in other words! 😂)

Joy's given you some great tips, don't lose heart if there's not much take up at the 1st few attempts!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back