Free Member
Apr 13, 2011
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
2 years
I received a call from a pretty unhappy customer (or so I thought)
His wife had purchased a pair of Mirrorguards at the NEC show in February.
The customer expressed his dissatisfaction with this product because they had shattered in pieces along with his mirror which he had to replace.
Apparently he had pulled over and stopped to let a transit van coming the opposite way to pass in doing so the van driver clipped his mirror resulting in the above damage.
I asked the customer to return the mirrorguard so I could have a look to see if there was any defect in the material.
On open the parcel and to my horror I found a milenco product. (see picture)

So folks beware someone is selling the milenco product as the mirrorguard.

milenco 169.JPG

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
My new to me van came with Mirrorguards or something similar.
How can I tell if there the real thing or a copy?

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
the Millenco ones usually have 2 extra screws on the inside of the mirror !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
I'm still waiting for a VAT invoice from the real mirror guard , from last year, told me he was too busy to provide an invoice!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
You can buy Milenco mirror protectors on Amazon.......not advertised as Mirrorguards

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Surely what ever it is when it gets a big smack it will break, whatever the name on it.
We thought that. Were undecided wether to get some or not. We don't have long arm mirrors being a PVC. Would we still benefit from them ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had the genuine ones on my last van they survived a few heavy knocks. They also have the advantage if in white or silver they make the mirrors stand out to oncoming traffic, certainly noticed the French veering back to their own side of the road when approaching towards you.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Mirrorguards will certainly protect your mirrors MUCH more than the poor copies I've seen, in fact the latest Mirrorguard I saw at Peterborough is even better than the original with a lot of additional shock absorbing material added to the whole of the inside.

If you just want your mirrors to stand out, or cover an already cracked casing , then the others will do. But from what I've seen only the pucker Mirrorguard actually offers any sort of protection from impacts.

Meanwhile, I feel the original post is a poorly disguised advert from a trader, so this thread will be locked. If Paul wants more advertising he can pay for it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back