Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My understanding is two FULL months of usage that count as using up your allowance abroad, if you use it for say 7 weeks then use it in the UK before using it abroad again, only 1 month will have counted against your roaming allowance, giving you 1 month left ... then if you only use 3 weeks of that 1 month, and use it again in the UK, you still get your 1 month roaming allowance again...

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
My understanding is two FULL months of usage that count as using up your allowance abroad, if you use it for say 7 weeks then use it in the UK before using it abroad again, only 1 month will have counted against your roaming allowance, giving you 1 month left ... then if you only use 3 weeks of that 1 month, and use it again in the UK, you still get your 1 month roaming allowance again...
that sounds like a plan ,, just get several sims , then keep swapping them, mind you that is providing that i don't use the full 12gb ,, lol ,, MUST STAY OFF YOU TUBE.......

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Sounds like you are using it to stream media - YouTube & the like.

Not wrong exactly, just expensive! :eek:

Also remember that your various devices can't tell the difference between the campsite wifi & the wifi re-broadcast by your mifi. It doesn't know that what it is using is really expensive 3G data. Most devices that can receive both 3G (&/or 4G) & wifi have a setting to only allow updates & the like when connected to wifi rather than 3G. But that's not going to have any effect if you connect to a 3G mifi by wifi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
That would do it!

Not as quickly as video, of course, but it uses a fair bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back