Mh Warranty Extension (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Our MH will be 3 years old and the warranty by MB&G will expire. They offer extension for a year or two £239, £399.
What other Funsters doing/thinking about this Mechanical Breakdown Insurance?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My experiences ( many many .. While helping others TRYING to make a claim ) is do not bother ..
At best a bit of a rip off, at worst wellll..

Ask your self this.. your van is pretty much new.. How many times has it broken down ???????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
as with any warranty /insurance policy the DEVIL is in the detail[ ie the small print that they dont expect you to read !] a lot of extended warranties have a number of exclusions that would not of been present in the original manufacturers one . the usual area that catches people out is the fact that a number of problems can now be classed as consumable items or general wear and tear ! in my 40years experience in the motor trade it is as important to know what IS NOT COVERED as it is to know what is !! regards garry

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I would think that a major part of the warranty will be to give peace of mind regarding any leaks or damp that materialise as these are very expensive to repair or something catastrophic like an engine or gearbox failure. I think most of us can live with the rest and put consumable items down to the luck of the draw.

I have the benefit of a warranty from this company and it covers both habitation and base vehicle and I know that they do pay out on claims that are valid. I had the warranty provided by the dealer I bought my van from for the second 6 months of my ownership and when it was about to expire I chose to renew it for the maximum 2 years.

The warranty that I have requires both an annual habitation and base vehicle service.

A lot of this is down to your attitude to life and how much ready cash you have if a disaster was to befall your MoHo. I like the peace of mind that the warranty gives and always worry that if sh*t is going to happen it will be me that gets stuck with it! Also depends how good at DIY you are or if you have relevant skills like mechanic, electrician, chippy etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
I have one on MH from Brownhills Gold insurance, had problem with drive shaft seal fixed under warranty no problem I think it personnel choice if you want top take a chance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back