MH insurance for PVC kept on road (1 Viewer)

suemac43

Free Member
Jul 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Hi all.
We are picking up our first MH (Hymer Ayers Rock PVC) in 9 days. We are planning to keep the MH on the road when not in use but 2 insurers have now stated they can’t insure if kept on the road.
Does anyone have knowledge of a company that will insure vehicle kept on the road please?
Many thanks.

Deleted User
Try Adrian Flux , and don't accept their first quote, try haggling.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all.
We are picking up our first MH (Hymer Ayers Rock PVC) in 9 days. We are planning to keep the MH on the road when not in use but 2 insurers have now stated they can’t insure if kept on the road.
Does anyone have knowledge of a company that will insure vehicle kept on the road please?
Many thanks.

Also might be worth upgrading the alarm. Many variations out there, the best in my opinion is supplied by Eddie Vanbitz with his Strickback Growler and non starter.
Eddie offers a discount when booked using a code through Motorhome Fun. A very pleasant experience down at Cornish Farm.

OP
OP
S

suemac43

Free Member
Jul 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions on insurance. We tried the ones mentioned (and others), none would insure our van quoting it as too high value for on road parking. Luckily, SAGA agreed on condition it had a tracker fitted, and at a cost of £650 pa!! Hey ho, still cheaper than buying a new house with a drive :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Try NFU Chichester they don’t normal ask for an alarm or tracker.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Many years ago safeguard did the same with me, i then used comfort and stayed with them ever since. This last PVC i bought was more expensive to insure with them so using safeguard again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back