mercedes motorhome (1 Viewer)

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
hi im looking at a 307 d mercedes that wants a lot off tlc not driveable so i need to get it transported from near scunthorpe to norton in north yorks im trying to get aprice from shiply but they want to know the kerb weight which i have no idea what he means by kerb weight anybody got any ideas or any suggestions for someone to move it at a reasonable price .any idea anybody what it should cost its about 75 miles ish it took us 1hour 30mins in the car not rushing thanks in advance

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
In simplified terms "kerb weight" is the weight of the completed vehicle as it stands near the kerb ready to be driven away.

According to the Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 "kerbweight id :

“The weight of a vehicle when it carries:-

in the case of a motor vehicle

no person; and

a full supply of fuel in its tank, an adequate supply of other liquids incidental to its propulsion and no load other than the loose tools and equipment with which it is normally equipped.

in the case of a trailer, no person and is otherwise laden.”

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
hi im looking at a 307 d mercedes that wants a lot off tlc not driveable so i need to get it transported from near scunthorpe to norton in north yorks im trying to get aprice from shiply but they want to know the kerb weight which i have no idea what he means by kerb weight anybody got any ideas or any suggestions for someone to move it at a reasonable price .any idea anybody what it should cost its about 75 miles ish it took us 1hour 30mins in the car not rushing thanks in advance
Google says 1730 kg for 307d. I'd use that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back