bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our euramobil had that, but it's been a while o_O but yes if you stopped for a cup of coffee it took heat from the engine keeping you warn, it also had a truma gas heater at the front that also heated the engine up quick, and a heat exchanger that was plumbed into the van radiator with twin fans to heat the rear of the motorhome on the move.
And of course the truma in the garage to do the heating and water.
Bob.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
On standard Sprinters, the “Rest” function becomes a diesel add heater.

Factory fitted by Mercedes.

Ex Factory, it will only work with the engine running. It’s design is to quickly “add” heat and boost engine warm up.

You can buy a kit to make it work without the engine running.

I did this on our first Eura Mobil Motorhome. I also added a timer for manual use.

I documented my retrofit upgrade on Motorhome fac**

It either has had this upgrade done and the rectangle clock is part of it OR...

You have a second diesel heater with clock function.
————-

For the newer 2007 Sprinters that also had the same add/boost setup. I also upgraded those to be used as manual or timed heaters, that could be used stationary without the engine running .

On our Frankia, with Alde heating. This meant the diesel heater could be used to heat the radiators. This involved the use of a heat exchanger.

With the heat exchanger on the alde system. This meant we could heat the Motorhome on the move with waste engine heat. Or stationery with, LPG, diesel, Electric on EHU or any combination, even two at a time .

This is / was detailed on facts too.

I did the same upgrade on our La Strada.

It involves having to wire an extra cable to a replacement two way Mercedes switch. Then, if you can find a decent Mercedes commercial dealer to carry out the work. They have to go online to mercedes to re-program the system to operate manually and from the mercedes instrument binsvle (high line (Sprinters with chrome dials and steering wheel buttons) are easier)).

Euro commercials in South Wales did both mine, cost after I did the wiring loom and sourcing my mercedes switch was £250 fir programming.

Thanks to “trek” who helped me with all the Mercedes info and contacts.

For the 2006 Sprinter conversion, google "
teemyob eberspacher“

TM

Last edited:

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We had a later version of this controller fitted to our 2004 680. It was both a pre-heater and a cab heater. On ours the 'wavy' lines were the engine pre-heater which turned the Eberspacher on for an hour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
We had a later version of this controller fitted to our 2004 680. It was both a pre-heater and a cab heater. On ours the 'wavy' lines were the engine pre-heater which turned the Eberspacher on for an hour.

I've also got that switch on ours, which I havn't yet fathomed out how it's supposed to work yet!

20171023_112901.jpg

Pete

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_2123.JPG
I've also got that switch on ours, which I havn't yet fathomed out how it's supposed to work yet!

View attachment 195090

Pete
I'm not sure if that's an Eberspacher controller or not. On our 2004 680, we retro-fitted a controller with a separate wiring loom so that the standard fitted (at that time) Eberspacher could be used without the engine running. We have since sold the van, but the controller was similar to this.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I guess most gas used in vans is for heating in winter so people get refillable bottles. I wonder how the sums stack up having a diesel heater retro fitted as opposed to refill gas.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Doe anybody know if this 2004 Merc image heats the cab WITHOUT the engine running or key in the ignition.

I know the round dial has aircon at 12 o clock, REST at 6 o clock to heat cab for 30 minutes after engine has just been switched off and booster heater at 9 o clock to heat engine quicker after you start it up.
What does the middle rectangular dial do with the 3 arrows on?View attachment 195017
I do believe it’s the timer switch for an eberspacher heater,actually I’m quite certain it is the heater timer for habitacion heating,as I recognise the symbols etc on the front of the rectangular panel were the same as I had on my Grande Frontier. Hope this helps.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have the same dash, how did you get mpg?

we change the display options via the control buttons on the steering wheel (y)

press the 'page' button to change the display, then up and down buttons for each page

hope that helps, its easier done than explained

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back