Meet Up 7th - 11th November at Devizes CCC (SN12 6RN) (1 Viewer)

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Absolutely no chance at the moment! Were thinking of going to Wales or Puddleducks this weekend but Boris says no! Looks like it will run into New Year, Oh and we both are tested weekly for Covid via a study group and so far negative so why can't we travel?

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
I'm guessing you're in the 3rd tier area? Really sorry you're unable to travel, hopefully it won't affect Christmas, keeping fingers crossed for you šŸ¤ž

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
Meet up in November at Devizes CCC. Lovely walks by the amazing Cain Locks (quite a few!). Easily walk into the town, plenty to see and do with a pub just down the road from the campsite. I'll be there for 4 nights, be great if you could join me šŸ˜
Well done for inviting other solo motorhomers to join you. I would have been interested in joining you but unfortunately have a prior engagement. Maybe in the Spring and hopefully we will all have more freedom.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It is a nice site, we were there with the Murvi Owners' Club in February - before everything went pear-shaped. A brewery tour is worth doing - except they won't be running those at the moment. Perhaps another year. :)

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Well done for inviting other solo motorhomers to join you. I would have been interested in joining you but unfortunately have a prior engagement. Maybe in the Spring and hopefully we will all have more freedom.
Look forward to seeing all the Solos next year! šŸ˜Š

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Tried to book but they donā€™t accept RVā€™s
They have a small number of grass pitches large enough for an RV but I guess those are not being used in winter. The rest of their pitches are smaller. If you look on Google maps in satellite view you should see what I mean.

The other issue may be access. It is down a narrow road with a sharp turn in and people park on the road restricting access further. Some of the roads withing the camp are narrow too with sharp bends.

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi DBK, I see what you mean re Google Earth, how long is your RV? I was there a couple of years ago and remember seeing some really long vans, but may not have been as long as yours.
Ginnie

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi DBK, I see what you mean re Google Earth, how long is your RV? I was there a couple of years ago and remember seeing some really long vans, but may not have been as long as yours.
Ginnie
6m PVC. :). I've seen a Fiver parked at Devizes but it wasn't very long but still had to be uncoupled.

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
6m PVC. :). I've seen a Fiver parked at Devizes but it wasn't very long but still had to be uncoupled.
I don't get that, my van is 6.5m and they've accepted my booking, I thought RV's were those massive great vans used by circus folk?

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Oh dear, back in lockdown, I guess CCC will contact us all to cancel our bookings as we won't be allowed to travel, hope you all get a refund! :giggle: Keep an eye on these posts, as soon as lockdown is lifted I'll be posting on another meet up, may not be Devises but will be just as good. Stay safe everyone and hope to see you all this side of Christmas! :dance2::drinks::hi5:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I don't get that, my van is 6.5m and they've accepted my booking, I thought RV's were those massive great vans used by circus folk?
I'm not saying that 6m is the maximum they accept. :) But from memory the only pitches they have for a long RV are grass so won't be available in winter. The hard standing pitches aren't very big so anything over say 8m might struggle but the only definitive answer is to ask them - although now irrelevant sadly. :(

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
We where in 8m motorhomes when we stayed on Devizes CCC, also Larry was in his RV which fitted
nicely on a hardstanding in the corner near the canal.
Remember if there is room for the overhang size doesn't matter as much.

Sep 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E625
Exp
MH since 2016, caravanning since 1984
Sorry the Devizes meet will not be happening, I will just have to wait until next year and try to cancel my ferry ticket! Thanks for the organising Ginny.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
There are a few solos going to the New Forest rally in April.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
We've stayed at Devizes CCC many times, however admitted last in 2016 in 8.5m Kon-Tiki. Used it as a base when relocating to Wiltshire.

They had an area that could accommodate vans much larger than us.

Just looked on Google maps and think the area north of the main reception building with a MH currently in, is/was the RV parking spot.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...8dcad9b3b1df78e!8m2!3d51.3486449!4d-2.0820357

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi Kit44, Hammie and wolfie2,
Guess you all know by now we're back in lockdown so I'm gutted Devises Meet-Up has to be cancelled. As soon as we're back out of lockdown, I'll arrange another meet-up maybe not at Devises but hopefully somewhere just as good. Hope to see you all this side of Christmas, fingers crossed! :hi5: :drinks: :dance2:

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Great shame but lockdown had to be done. Neither club has commented yet but I guess they will tomorrow. I expect we will get the offer to hold over the deposit or have a refund.

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Great shame but lockdown had to be done. Neither club has commented yet but I guess they will tomorrow. I expect we will get the offer to hold over the deposit or have a refund.
You're probably right, I think they'll ask to hold over, which I don't mind doing.

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
You're probably right, I think they'll ask to hold over, which I don't mind doing.
I got a refund Ginnie as we donā€™t really know what is ahead of us. It makes it worse when the weather is finally so good. Take care x

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Great you too x

ValC

Free Member
Apr 19, 2016
Leverstock green herts
Funster No
MH
Carthago C compact
Exp
10 yrs
Oh dear, back in lockdown, I guess CCC will contact us all to cancel our bookings as we won't be allowed to travel, hope you all get a refund! :giggle: Keep an eye on these posts, as soon as lockdown is lifted I'll be posting on another meet up, may not be Devises but will be just as good. Stay safe everyone and hope to see you all this side of Christmas! :dance2::drinks::hi5:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back