Meditation (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Yeah I know , hocus pocus lardy dah stuff.....but if you are suffering with anxiety (many of us are now) then find yourself a quiet place , stick your earphones in and listen , really listen to this .

A couple of years back I had a couple is sessions with a CBT therapist and one of the tools she suggested were YouTube videos like this . I have listened to one for 12 months but right now I might just .... pretty sure you can invest 20 minutes of your life into it

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I do some of my best thinking after meditating and clearing my mind of unnecessary thoughts and worries. It really does work, brings down your heart rate and generally calms you. Don't knock it till you have given it a couple of good tries is what I say

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Yeah I know , hocus pocus lardy dah stuff.....but if you are suffering with anxiety (many of us are now) then find yourself a quiet place , stick your earphones in and listen , really listen to this .

A couple of years back I had a couple is sessions with a CBT therapist and one of the tools she suggested were YouTube videos like this . I have listened to one for 12 months but right now I might just .... pretty sure you can invest 20 minutes of your life into it

Totally agree with you that meditation / mindfulness / hypnotherapy will really help with anxiety but I‘ve tried this guy before and just can’t stand his voice (sorry, it just really grates)
I find Michael Sealey really good. Lots of different meditations and Hypnos on YouTube.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I have to agree with Hollyberry. The voice irritated me and I half expected him to suddenly say "BOOOO".
That is not to say I don't agree with you, Jewellbags. I'm sure that meditation can be good for those who suffer from anxiety.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

Thank you! I listened to it last night and had a brilliant night’s sleep ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I think as with a lot of these things you have to find the one you personally are happy with.
I don’t think a voice would work for me, I find the sound of waves on a shingle beach very calming!
I am a worrier but can get myself out of it, my mother was a very strong minded person and I think I take after her, luckily!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back