• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

MCN Festival of Motorcycling 18/19 May - Camping Ticket (1 Viewer)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I have available single camping ticket available for the MCN Festival of Motorcyling.

I paid £35 for the ticket but would be happy to get £30 back. The e-ticket will be e-mailed to the buyer.

I shall be attending but one of my party is no longer able to attend. The ticket includes MH camping and entry to the event.

The event takes place this coming weekend (18th & 19th May) and is open for two days on Saturday & Sunday.

The camping ticket provides two nights camping (Friday and Saturday night). Campers may enter from 4pm on Friday and must leave before 7:30pm on Sunday.

Most of the main bike manufacturers attend and there are dozens of bikes available for test rides.

Full details available here: https://www.mcnfestival.com/

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Ian

I am supposed to be going but need two tickets, I will leave this for now if anybody wants the single but if it isn't claimed I will have it off you closer to the end of the week.

Martin

OP
OP
bigtwin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Ian

I am supposed to be going but need two tickets, I will leave this for now if anybody wants the single but if it isn't claimed I will have it off you closer to the end of the week.

Martin

Cheers Martin.

You can still buy the tickets on-line but the second one will cost you £35.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What are you doing in here then ? I thought this place is for people of a certain age.

Waitingforgodsville. Catch me if you can.
Just doing a "try before you buy" see if I want to stay when I hit the magic number.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for the ticket Ian bought the second online so looks like we are going @jongood

Martin

OP
OP
bigtwin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for the ticket Ian bought the second online so looks like we are going @jongood

Martin

See you there Martin (@jongood).

Will either of you be taking any bikes out on a test ride? If so, you’ll need your own riding kit and I’d suggest you take your licence with you.

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
See you there Martin (@jongood).

Will either of you be taking any bikes out on a test ride? If so, you’ll need your own riding kit and I’d suggest you take your licence with you.

Ian
Hi Ian I did contemplate putting in my gear but left home a week ago and forgot, I don't need temptation anyway but might have a look at helmets as I could do with something I can get on without taking my glasses off every time, I think Jon will be on a short leash as he has just bought on a bike(y).

Martin

OP
OP
bigtwin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Ian I did contemplate putting in my gear but left home a week ago and forgot, I don't need temptation anyway but might have a look at helmets as I could do with something I can get on without taking my glasses off every time, I think Jon will be on a short leash as he has just bought on a bike(y).

Martin

I’ve been using a flip front helmet and just pull the two cheek parts of it open as I pull it on. This allows me to put it on without taking my specs off.

Ian

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Martin
Jon has been working hard on the house so full permission - more or less!

Hope to meet you there Ian @bigtwin.
Jon

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We went to the show and enjoyed it, I could have got even better value if I had taken my helmet and driving licence and ridden bikes all day, not sure where else you can do that with so many brands in one space.

It was good to meet up with @jongood again and to meet Ian @bigtwin for the first time, met another new Funster and had a nice chat ? and Mark but ? didn’t know there username :LOL:

Bought two new helmets and a two pair of gloves so all OK.

Martin

OP
OP
bigtwin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, it was good to meet you Martin (@funflair ) and Jon (@jongood ).

Unlike you, we did test ride a number of bikes:

Sat:
Ducati 950 Multistrada
Ducati 1260 Multistrada
Ducati 1260 Multistrada Enduro (ridden around a series of obstacles on the show ground)
Ducati Panigale V4s (214 bhp!!! It was awesome.
KTM 790 Adventure
Yamaha Niken (MT09 engined three wheeler)

Sun:
BMW R1250RT
BMW R9T Racer
BMW R1250 GSA
Zero Electric bike - unbelievable acceleration when in Sport mode
Triumph Thruxton R

As a consequence of the above, we saw very little of the show but, in the dying minutes of the show, I did manage to buy some heavily discounted Goretex Pro kit.

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes, it was good to meet you Martin (@funflair ) and Jon (@jongood ).

Unlike you, we did test ride a number of bikes:

Sat:
Ducati 950 Multistrada
Ducati 1260 Multistrada
Ducati 1260 Multistrada Enduro (ridden around a series of obstacles on the show ground)
Ducati Panigale V4s (214 bhp!!! It was awesome.
KTM 790 Adventure
Yamaha Niken (MT09 engined three wheeler)

Sun:
BMW R1250RT
BMW R9T Racer
BMW R1250 GSA
Zero Electric bike - unbelievable acceleration when in Sport mode
Triumph Thruxton R

As a consequence of the above, we saw very little of the show but, in the dying minutes of the show, I did manage to buy some heavily discounted Goretex Pro kit.

Ian
Wow Ian

You defog got your moneys worth, Jon tried to get a ride on the Zero on Sunday but all the slots were booked, it was quick then;) what sort of range?

It wasn't you that forgot the 3 wheeled Niken needed feet down to stop was it:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
bigtwin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Wow Ian

You defog got your moneys worth, Jon tried to get a ride on the Zero on Sunday but all the slots were booked, it was quick then;) what sort of range?

It wasn't you that forgot the 3 wheeled Niken needed feet down to stop was it:LOL:

Martin

Not sure on the range as we were, ahem, ‘testing’ it!

I’d guess that it’d be 100 - 150 miles but don’t quote me on that. Like with a petrol engine, only more so, it does depend on how you use the throttle.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back