Mclouis 12v electrics help (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Yesterday the turbo vent stopped (I just thought is was broken again), then when night arrived we found that the ceiling light didn't work, the kitchen light didn't work or the under locker light on the right hand side. The bathroom light is working as are the under locker lights on the left hand side and the over cab bed lights, I assume that this is a fuse problem then as the right side is off and the left side is on. Before I start messing has anyone any idea where to look or what else the problem could be?

Ralph

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Ralph
Certainly sounds fuse like to me matey....
There could be a circuit breaker in a panel someplace, all you have to do is find it :roflmto:
Good luck

Keith

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Will have a look tomorrow, off to York on Saturday and don't want to be in the dark, will let everyone know what I find.

Ralph

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Ralph

Certainly sounds like a fuse.. why it blew is the question !

Was the turbo vent fan retro fitted ?
If so it has probably been wired into a light circuit and the fuse is now underrated for the extra load. When you find the fuse it may need to up rated by a couple of amps.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Firstly thanks for the help, I posted on another site (supposedly a much larger site, with I think, a million subscribers) and got no response at all.

Anyway as soon as I remembered where the habitation fuse box was, it was a simple mater to find the blown one, it wasn't as simple to find out why though, simply replacing it didn't work.

To cut a long story to a short, I traced the short in the wiring to the under locker light on the right hand side, it had been fitted with the light fitting trapping the cable and over the years eventually cutting through the insulation.

Thank god for fuses, we could have been burnt to death in our sleep, I only found the short by burning my finger on the plastic light fitting after blowing a replacement fuse.

Ralph

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Well done Ralph.....
We do try on this site, to help each other mate ::bigsmile:
I was taught not to use my fingers as test equipment when troubleshooting electrical circuits though :roflmto::roflmto:
Have you checked all the other light fittings to see if a similar monkey did the wiring? Might be worth the time to make a few checks :winky:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Well done Ralph.....
We do try on this site, to help each other mate ::bigsmile:
I was taught not to use my fingers as test equipment when troubleshooting electrical circuits though :roflmto::roflmto:
Have you checked all the other light fittings to see if a similar monkey did the wiring? Might be worth the time to make a few checks :winky:

Keith

Hi Keith, have checked the rest and all looks ok.

I didn't really check with my fingers, it was a bit of luck actually, I was checking it see if the light would come on and the way I griped it to press the switch burnt or I would never have found it.

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back