Maxair or Dometic fantastic vent (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
I’m after opinions on which people think is the best both shift similar amounts of air and both are remotely controlled. I have discounted the Fiamma simply because of the fact of no remote.The other question I have is has anybody fixed it to the roof without using screws as I don’t really fancy drilling loads of holes then possibly suffering the problem of water getting in because my van has VB full air so when it rains the water pools rather than drain off.
Any advice would be appreciated

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We’ve owned both fans and much prefer the Maxxair as it’s much quieter and has a greater range of speeds. On its lower settings it is virtually silent, which is a benefit at night.
Apparently it can also be used when driving, though we’ve never tried this.

OP
OP
Poutie57
Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks a lot do you know whether yours is screwed in or they just used mastic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The Maxair is screwed, not sure about Fiamma, Omnivent is clamped - which is why I chose it.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I replaced a Dometic Midi Heki with a Maxxair on our previous van and we were very pleased with it.

Fitting the Maxxair may take some planning.

If your roof is ribbed then you need some way to fill the gaps. Fortunately I could use the adaptor plate that came with the Dometic Midi Heki.

The Dometic Midi Heki used a collar under the van skin which the vent screwed down into which securely clamped the vent to the roof.

The Maxxair uses numerous screws around the rim which screw down into the van roof. The thin steel of the van roof may not be enough to take the screw.

I fitted a rim of wooden blocks under the steel roof skin and inside the roof liner and screwed down into the wooden blocks.

Sealed with Sikaflex.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If you buy or own an omnivent take a spare pcb with you. They have the common fault of switching themselves off, it gets worse and worse until they won't come on at all.
Google it 👀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back