Max fan deluxe (1 Viewer)

Nov 7, 2018
Bristol UK
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a 400x400 vent, & thinking of a Maxxfan deluxe to go in, instead. What I can’t find out, is, how far over hang would be needed, because I want to put Solar panel against it. Does the sloping part of the fan unit close down over the roof when switched off, or does it stay in the raised position at all times?
Any one. 😯

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for coming back, I’m still looking, I do get the impression that all Solar & Battery tech has moved on quite a bit. It’s always the same, R n D goes on, putting whatever you purchase out of date. What can we do?
Good Luck with the New fit out.

Actually, not sure much has changed in 10 years. MPPT chargers are cheaper than they were. Panels haven't changed at all.

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
How much do they restrict light compared to the normal roof light? The maxxfan that is, not the solar panels

I actually get more light - but that's because I had an aircon unit there which the Maxxfan replaced!

They come in three varieties with different "coloured" canopies - clear, smoked and opaque, I went for the smoked. I would guess, however, that as the visible opening is somewhat less than the original 400mm square rooflight there will be some loss of light. I also bought the separate screen that has led lights for additional lighting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
How much do they restrict light compared to the normal roof light? The maxxfan that is, not the solar panels

A lot less light than the vent it replaced. If I bought again I would not bother getting the clear top version, I would go with the solid cover to make it even darker, but that would be better a night time, and then not require the internal blind that restricts air flow.
I wouldn’t want to not have one though, they are great bits of kit, especially in hot, or damp conditions.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back