Rally Manners, or Lack of them (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Afternoon,

I have received a couple of cancellations for Pershore Plum Rally.

I have contacted two Funsters who I have invited to fill those places
only to be told that 'other arrangements' have been made.

That lack of consideration in not contacting a Rally organiser to take
yourself off the list of Reserves is sheer bloody bad manners.

I'll have to make myself an 'Ignore' list.

Rant over

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Good Afternoon,

Rant over
It makes the job of rally organisers even more time consuming☹️ But some folks time is more important than others 🤣
Anyone want to organise a RALLY 🤔

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
I still want to come if a place becomes available. Please .thank you .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Good Afternoon,

Rant over

makes the job of rally organisers even more time consuming☹️ But some folks time is more important than others
I totally understand and sympathise with you Derek. :( It can be an absolutely thankless task, made worse by those who blatantly show a complete lack of respect for all the had work volunteers go to, purely for the benefit of others. :cry:

Anyone want to organise a RALLY 🤔
From us Steve, you've got two chances, ie, none and f### all. :(

Sadly,

Jock. :(

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
It really annoys me when people don’t have the decency to let the rally organiser know that they can’t attend a rally, and to give someone on the reserve a chance to go to the meet/rally who really want to attend

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Sorry I think we might be on the list, can you remove us?

We have really enjoyed your rallies that have attended.

We look forward to meeting you both again before long

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
You are always ready and willing to muck in and help though Jock, as an occasional rally organiser knowing that there are willing helpers is invaluable.
Thank you Martin. (y)

Yes, always willing to help where possible, but just not prepared to put ourselves out, and/or our neck on the line for the ungrateful minority.
We've done the Marshaling thing, being on the gate later in the evening, waiting for folks who stated they were arriving late, only to find out the next day that they had decided not to bother coming at all, or that it wasn’t a convenient time for them to arrive. :madder:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thank you Martin. (y)

Yes, always willing to help where possible, but just not prepared to put ourselves out, and/or our neck on the line for the ungrateful minority.
We've done the Marshaling thing, being on the gate later in the evening, waiting for folks who stated they were arriving late, only to find out the next day that they had decided not to bother coming at all, or that it wasn’t a convenient time for them to arrive. :madder:

Welcome to the world of working with the great British public!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Good Afternoon,

Rant over

Derek, I'm sorry if I annoyed you but, when you PM'ed me to say I was next on the reserve list today, I was most surprised as I have had NO contact with you about this Rally since the 6th of February 2022 nor appeared on ANY reserve list concerning it as far as I know?

I have looked back through all my posts with you and the only reserve list I find is on page one of this Rally which had 14 names on the reserve list and I was NOT one of them.

After your Derbyshire Rally when I was also in a similar position and didn't stand a hope in hell of attending, I naturally assumed that, as I had not heard anything from you since February, a similar situation existed.

As I was not included in your PM conversations, how was I to know how many cancellations had happened?

As I say, I am sorry to have annoyed you but .............

PS. I also had lymphoma back in 2004 and know how stressful it can be. Give my regards to the boss and try not to worry too much!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
part of the problem is the length of time between going on the list and being offered a place in some ways i like the camping and caravan clubs way where the announce the venue and ask you to phone before you come

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Those on a reserve list are hoping for some other funster to fall by the wayside (hopefully not in a nasty way). But with all the effort behind the scenes to coordinate rallies I wouldn't expect bumping posts on a thread from an organiser when we moved up a notch, or even nothing changes from week to week.

I've just got onto the rally in question. When I checked the thread last week there were two funsters before me (inc l'hobo) so I thought I had negligible chance. For all on a reserve list there is a point we think no hope. Different rally organisers work differently but I do suspect threads and lists are edited and deleted as changes occur so names are often removed.

Perhaps for the organiser Jim's approach of no reserves and a last minute first come first served vacancy is better, even if that risks lost deposits.

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
It's always a popular rally and I agree you should let the organisers know straightaway if you can't make it and want removing from the main list or reserve list. As far as running rallies go I will be up for it when I find the right venue. And finally you need to be quick on the button at 19.00 hrs to secure a place which does seem a bit unfair to some but is really the fairest way.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think the volunteers need cutting some slack as they are prepared to give their time freely. But it is correct that anyone alleged to have behaved innapropriately by not advising the organisers that they no longer wished to be on the reserve list should have the chance to put their side of whats happened

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Derek, I'm sorry if I annoyed you but, when you PM'ed me to say I was next on the reserve list today, I was most surprised as I have had NO contact with you about this Rally since the 6th of February 2022 nor appeared on ANY reserve list concerning it as far as I know?

I have looked back through all my posts with you and the only reserve list I find is on page one of this Rally which had 14 names on the reserve list and I was NOT one of them.

After your Derbyshire Rally when I was also in a similar position and didn't stand a hope in hell of attending, I naturally assumed that, as I had not heard anything from you since February, a similar situation existed.

As I was not included in your PM conversations, how was I to know how many cancellations had happened?

As I say, I am sorry to have annoyed you but .............

PS. I also had lymphoma back in 2004 and know how stressful it can be. Give my regards to the boss and try not to worry too much!
Hi,

You were on the list of Reserves, admittedly not at the No.1 position but you were elevated to No.1 some time ago when someone dropped out and a person above you was 'Elevated.'

You can be assured that you were on that list today but was immediately removed when you said you had other plans.

Regards

Derek

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back