Magnetic door strip (1 Viewer)

hotrod91

Free Member
Jul 28, 2008
Funster No
My toilet door has a long magnetic strip that keeps it shut, the model is Swift Sundance 630L, where might i find one of these strips? I have rang my local dealers and they say they are struggling but im sure i sawon here a Swift rep who can help (or maybe it was the other! forum).
Can anyone help at all?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you can send a pm to swift they are members on here (swiftmotorhomes- I think)but the b/r door are notorious for comming open / try fitting a bolt:thumb:
terry

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
The lovely Peter at Johns Cross Motorhomes maybe able to help too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

hotrod91

Free Member
Jul 28, 2008
Funster No
I shall await his arrival ;-) I dont really want to put a bolt in it, its a 2007 model if that helps it seems the strip has lost its magnetism toward the top. I dont mind sticking a new one on it doesnt look too much trouble. But where to get one from well thats another story.

Upvote 0
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I shall await his arrival ;-) I dont really want to put a bolt in it, its a 2007 model if that helps it seems the strip has lost its magnetism toward the top. I dont mind sticking a new one on it doesnt look too much trouble. But where to get one from well thats another story.

Certainly worth giving Peter a holler as Dylan suggested - he'll sort it for you I'm sure - why not drop him a PM? :Smile:

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Id try a local car sign writing company. They manufacture magnetic signs for cars/vans etc which is made from the same stuff and will no doubt be a much better price that a genuine part.:thumb:

Upvote 0
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
We had the same problem but fixed it with a free 'turnbuckle' catch from the dealer... fittings should be available from caravan outlets.

Just wish I could find a solution to the Oven door... OK 99.99% of the time then ... opens!!! ...neither rhyme nor reason:Doh:

Upvote 0
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
I'll try that Terry... takes a good push to close it at the mo ...I'll try a gentle tweak :winky:

dealer did fit a longer pin but it didn't stop the prob:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Hi

I've got quite a length of magnetic strip. This used to be on the hand built Buccaneer Caravans on the shower door. It sticks on the back and the 2 magnetic strips come together. If you want this let me have your address and I'll post it to you and you can reimburse me with the postage. My email is jmoore2006@btinternet.com

Let me know

Jack the Rev

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

hotrod91

Free Member
Jul 28, 2008
Funster No
Hi, and thanks, but its an enclosed magnet, maybe i should try and get a pic of it and put it on here.
I have rung my local dealers and they say they are flummoxed by it as the people they have rung dont know what it is and the Swift group wont allow parts enquiries so what alot of use they are so it seems no one can help me which seems a bit odd. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back