Free Member
Nov 17, 2018
Alyth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8 years
We have just bought a new car and am thinking multicar. Our Crafter Campervan is currently with Highway which is LV but seems to understand campervans and value. I have gone online and set up a multiyear policy quote with LV and the pricing is great. What concerns me is that I have added the van and then selected camper van as a modification and it hasn't batted an eyelid, no arguments about the work done or the value. Does anyone else use LV multicore and have you had experiences of claiming?

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I have a multi car policy with them too. The MH insurance renewal came through from CAMC and it was much in line with the premium for last year. Reading through the documents I noticed that LV were the underwriters of the policy so, I gave them a call.
I gave them the full details of the MH verbatim from the statement document from CAMC. They said they simply classed it as a Fiat Motor Caravan and were not much interested in what it was (it is an Adria 670sl) after that. I quizzed them on the value of cover and they said they simply value it at market-value for whatever model it is and what age it is. The LV person said that they were not interested in the uprate to the payload we had done.She pointed out that the only major difference to the CAMC policy was a limit on cover for personal possessions at Ā£1k.
Upshot was, their policy was over 50% cheaper than the CAMC quote. Deal done. The issue of personal possessions did not bother us as all our significant items we take with us are covered as extras on our home insurance.
Hope that this helps you.
Take care and stay safe. šŸ‘

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The LV person said that they were not interested in the uprate to the payload we had done.She pointed out that the only major difference to the CAMC policy was a limit on cover for personal possessions at Ā£1k.
I don't think you get the same level of windscreen cover with LV, important if you have an A Class.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Many thanks Lenny HB and, quite correct. We are a "C" class so no problem. I should have pointed that out too though.
Take care and stay safe šŸ‘

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back