Free Member
Jul 31, 2017
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Folks
Just joined today and a new Motorhome owner at 54 lol. Any help and advice willing accepted, abuse, well save that for someone else lol. I have purchased a Lunar Roadstar 726 year 2000 its on a fiat ducato chassis so anybody with this model or can help please get in touch. Don't know what else to say but please give your tips and advice freely.

Thanks Ian

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

OP
OP
Ian S

Ian S

Free Member
Jul 31, 2017
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Ann

Thank you very much, pick the Motorhome up tomorrow morning so looking forward to maybe a first run out this weekend. So much to learn but hopefully I will enjoy the new challenges.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ian S

Ian S

Free Member
Jul 31, 2017
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Ken and Riverbankannie

Thank you for your welcome, yes tomorrow big day and fingers crossed for my new adventure. Any tips on getting basics ?? i.e. cutlery cups and so on. On my own so no-one to keep me right lol.

Ian

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
take your time during the hand over to try and understand how it all works even a private seller should run you through the basics most important is probably charging and water/heating

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi Ken and Riverbankannie

Thank you for your welcome, yes tomorrow big day and fingers crossed for my new adventure. Any tips on getting basics ?? i.e. cutlery cups and so on. On my own so no-one to keep me right lol.

Ian
You really don't need to have special things, start out with a few bits from home. What you do need is anti rattle / anti slip for things in cupboards, the grill pan and so on. You can start out by using tea towels though and most of us buy cheap anti slip matting off eBay or the like.
If you want to go shopping for your new pride and joy though, use places like Dunhelm, The Range, IKEA rather than the MH/caravan dealers.
Why not come to one of the meets, listed under Rallies at the top of the page. Nothing beats nosying around other people's vans whilst sharing a glass or two.:D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag: today is the day!! Enjoy your new lifestyle!!

OP
OP
Ian S

Ian S

Free Member
Jul 31, 2017
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Folks
Thank you for your many welcomes, got my motorhome today (2nd Hand) and got everything working except water, can hear pump going but no water, any ideas or suggestions ?

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back