Lowdhams of Huddersfield (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Lowdhams are closing their Huddersfield branch for new sales due to difficulty in getting stock of motorhomes and caravans, it remains open as a service centre.
Meanwhile the Nottingham branch is being extended.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Sad news on the sale front. When c/vanning,bought three new c/vans from Huddersfield depot,the best service you could ever have wished for. Looking at M/homes, in Lowdhams Notts depot one day,mentioned this to a salesman as we walked around and he said he had been sent down from there to cover holidays. Mentioned about the great service and he said. " When people arrive up at our yard,you know they are interested,nobody comes all this way just for a cup of tea,so there is no mucking about,sale on "
Didn't buy anything from Notts depot,one response to trading a nearly new M/ho in. Salesman insulted us with the Trade in value and then said he had to go in and ask the finance man if he could better the deal. NO was the short answer.
So i am very sad for the Staff up in Huddersfield.
Tea Bag.
PS. Great Cafe on site there...... Thinking about it has made me hungry..... (y)

OP
OP
Hettie's Crew
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Salesman insulted us with the Trade in value and then said he had to go in and ask the finance man if he could better the deal. NO was the short answer.
We had a great experience buying ours at Nottingham with a great PX price and very fair price for the motorhome we bought, though I’m not keen on their servicing so use local.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Nottingham going through a massive building upgrade ,more on line with the customer experience youvget from car brands ,the cafe is permanently closed.A great dealer đź‘Ť

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We had a great experience buying ours at Nottingham with a great PX price and very fair price for the motorhome we bought, though I’m not keen on their servicing so use local.
That’s an interesting comment there is or was a female sales person great interpersonal skills, we were considering buying from lowdhams at the time. I went around to the service department to ask various questions oh my goodness it was a poor experience and partly why we did not buy from Lowdhams. The customer skills need to be right through a company or the customer experience is damaged. So totally get why you say your not keen on the service department

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
oh my goodness it was a poor experience
Hi.
Notts Depot................... Snap !. Gave me the part in the end and i did it myself.
Tea Bag
PS. Mind you,i dealt with Marquis Northampton depot ( Great Billing ? )and can only say it was superb,through two m/homes and an Auto Sleeper C/van. Swings and roundabouts ?..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We bought at lowdhams Nottingham but the service department was hopeless. We paid 30 k (7 years ago) and when a little rubber plug on the hob dropped out after a couple of months they charged us for a new one. The hab service charges are eye watering ( for some strange reason the Huddersfield one for some reason was a lot cheaper)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back