Looks Like Spain is Open (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Gus, here's a typical example :

Whilst overseas travelling against F/O advice, the traveller personally accidentally / intentionally causes damage / inflicts injury to someone else or their property, they individually, or as a company then sue you for damages / reparations, the cost is £ ( insert shockingly high figure here ).

You have no travel ins' & therefore are personally liable for your own legal costs, damages awarded, etc etc.

It's happened many times before & will happen again.

Not a risk i ever have taken or would take.

I wasn't aware that 3rd party liability was included in travel insurance. I have relied on a CCI card for that for the last 30 years, doubt if that is negated by UK FO advice.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Personally, I dont get how the FCO can advise against travel to France when I believe every other country in Europe deems it safe to travel to. What is the difference in the information we have about France that Germany doesnt have ?
it isn't just travel to France but every country in the world as far as I can see.

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
You state that if fco advice changes then i wont be covered with travel insurance for the whole of my trip.
I have just trawled the web and can find nothing that confirms this.
Presumably you have read this somewhere but you also ask for contrary information. It is either a fact or its an opinion.
As for vehicle insurance i am covered. As i suspect everybody else is. But each person would need to check their own insurer
I was thinking of going to France on Tuesday and checked with 3 insurers. They all said that if you go out whilst the FO state no travel you have no travel insurance for all your trip. You cannot wing it for a few days and once the FO give the all clear your insurance will kick back in because you travelled whilst the no travel was in force.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Latest report from our local group. 🙂 Bob.

Screenshot_20200702-133544_Facebook.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back