Looking to take the plunge (1 Viewer)

Stokielad

Free Member
Sep 8, 2017
Funster No
Hi all,

I think my late mid life crisis will have a motorhome at its heart. Family of three but one daughter about to depart for University and son doing GCSE's so looking for a new way of getting around at weekends and the odd week to support my photography hobby. Also future family holidays and in the medium future grandkids (10 year's minimum I've told them :) ).
I towed a caravan for five years for half terms and summer holidays but to be honest not a fan of being crammed in alongside lots of other white boxes for just me. Caravan sites are great with families, not so much for peace and quiet in my experience :).
No idea what I am looking for, but probably a budget of 25-30k. I did have a grand idea of dragging a little car everywhere but having found this excellent forum and read about the "challenges" that vehicle towing is legally and practically, that plan is already in the dustbin. I see a small motorbike attached to the MH in some way in my future now.
I have only been in 4 motorhomes and visited one dealer, it is very early days! So all advice happily received

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I'd say hire one first, but if you're used to a caravan you'll have a good idea what to expect.

If it's landscape photography you like, a motorhome is the best accessory available imo. Being in the right area for dawn is great - then a coffee in the warm. The Missus and I love doing this (both togs), as will a well known landscape YouTube'r very soon (been giving a bit of help on this).

Welcome to the forum, well worth becoming a full member :)

OP
OP
S

Stokielad

Free Member
Sep 8, 2017
Funster No
I'd say hire one first, but if you're used to a caravan you'll have a good idea what to expect.

If it's landscape photography you like, a motorhome is the best accessory available imo. Being in the right area for dawn is great - then a coffee in the warm. The Missus and I love doing this (both togs), as will a well known landscape YouTube'r very soon (been giving a bit of help on this).

Welcome to the forum, well worth becoming a full member :)

Thank you, yes that is exactly what I envisage, I'm getting too old to sleep in the car at the bottom of the Old man of Storr on Skye (eight attempts at a dawn shot, zero success for actual sun :) ).
Its that flexibility I really like the idea of, but recognise I cant take the motorhome everywhere (little narrow lanes in the Lake district etc.) hence the desire to have some local transport as well.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
w2f.......from the Land of the Prince Bishops !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back