looking for somewhere bank holiday (1 Viewer)

Erk/Kas

Free Member
May 15, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Motor home
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I'm quite new here .. Went out first time last weekend was brilliant but looking this weekend and obviously getting full
Do anyone know any nice camp sites east Anglia which might have spaces .. Pet friendly nice walks near pubs lol ?

Thanks Kathy

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi I'm quite new here .. Went out first time last weekend was brilliant but looking this weekend and obviously getting full
Do anyone know any nice camp sites east Anglia which might have spaces .. Pet friendly nice walks near pubs lol ?

Thanks Kathy
You live in what has become a popular area...The Cakes and Ale at Leiston or its sister site up the road the name has slipped my memory....

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Don't know if you will get in this bank holiday at short notice but we too have been to the Cakes and Ale site and it is lovely. If not this time, do give it a try in the future.

OP
OP
E

Erk/Kas

Free Member
May 15, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Motor home
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks I have emailed them looks lovely

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
This is the other site I was thinking of, it is owned by the same family as the cakes and ale.
It is The Moon & Sixpence, nice site with a1 facilities and bar food.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We try and stay close to home bank hols weekends as traffic is the pits! We're members of c&cc so look for their meets and ths's so off to a site on Coniston lake this Friday with them and only a short drive from home.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Not sure how far Southampton is from you but there is a ths Temporary Holiday Site with camping and caravan club at Victoria Park, Netley. Great for dogs £10 per night.

If to far look at CCCs ths there is always something on reasonably nearby, normally don't need to book,but basic facilities.

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
A very very good site near to you I suspect is Haw Wood Farm
We stayed there in March and its was brilliant
Not sure about Bank Holiday availability though ..
:)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It won't be a club site, they were all booked up in advance last year!
But don't worry, there will plenty of empty pitches if you just turn up!:imoutahere:

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
This is the other site I was thinking of, it is owned by the same family as the cakes and ale.
It is The Moon & Sixpence, nice site with a1 facilities and bar food.

Yes, that's the one! I was trying to remember as well. Also a good site. By the way, all the petrol filling stations in that part of the world seem to close on bank holidays, so make sure you have plenty of fuel on board for your return journey. I will leave you to guess how I came to discover this! :D

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
By the way, all the petrol filling stations in that part of the world seem to close on bank holidays, :D
Reminds me of asking a local where to find an open restaurant in the quaint harbour of Porthleven and getting the reply "Well no, my 'ansom. I don't think 'e will. 'Tis bank holiday, see?".
Likewise the next day at the paper shop at Mabe Burnthouse when I asked for a plain chocolate Bounty bar.
"'Oive bin asked for they several toimes, moy luvver, but there's no call for 'em".
o_O

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I second the Thetford Bash, being held at the Rugby Club. It's only £10.00 for Motorhome and occupants for the whole weekend, plus you get to meet other Funsters.

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Including newbies like me! It was a pleasure meeting you and Pamela, Paul and Gary. What fun we had. Thanks a million! Until our paths cross again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back