• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd Looking for house and friendly Shetland ponies sitter, Galloway, SW Scotland (1 Viewer)

weemiffy

Free Member
Mar 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
autosleeper
Hi everyone, we’re looking for someone/couple with motor home to pony and house sit for us. We have four friendly Shetland ponies, 8 acres to play in, nearest neighbours are some deer, beautiful location, a couple of miles from Newton Stewart in the Galloway Forest Park. We can provide water, electric, grey waste and toilet waste disposal. Dates we’re looking for are May 26th to June 12th 2022. Please let me know if you’re interested.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Argh you got me all excited then ... unfortunately the dates clash with a moho meet in Northumberland and then the OH's "significant birthday" holiday in Glenshee otherwise I'd have been happy to drop down south and help out.
If you find somebody who can't do the first few days though, because of starting mid-week, I'll happily fill in as that would give me a nice ambling drive across to the meet.

OP
OP
W

weemiffy

Free Member
Mar 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
autosleeper
I maybe should have mentioned, we’ve quite a large courtyard area well back from the road with lovely views in any direction so we could accommodate any size motorhome 😀

Thanks for all your responses so far!

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Hi everyone, we’re looking for someone/couple with motor home to pony and house sit for us. We have four friendly Shetland ponies, 8 acres to play in, nearest neighbours are some deer, beautiful location, a couple of miles from Newton Stewart in the Galloway Forest Park. We can provide water, electric, grey waste and toilet waste disposal. Dates we’re looking for are May 26th to June 12th 2022. Please let me know if you’re interested.
Would of loved to off done this but the dates are wrong for us.
Will look out for you asking again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
@pml1979 my son is interested,he will contact you shortly when he logs in,any problems PM me and can arrange contact
Alan.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@pml1979 my son is interested,he will contact you shortly when he logs in,any problems PM me and can arrange contact
Alan.

The op needs to be a payed up member to pm I believe.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Alan.
The op needs to be a payed up member to pm I believe.
The OP can't start a conversation but a member can start one with him/her.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I'd love too but the family cannot fit in my van,
so I'll come on my own peaceful bliss... 🤣🤣

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Keep seeing these ads for house/dog sitters Is it normal to pay the sitters or is it just voluntary for the opportunity to visit another part of the country and have free services and pitch.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Keep seeing these ads for house/dog sitters Is it normal to pay the sitters or is it just voluntary for the opportunity to visit another part of the country and have free services and pitch.
It can be quite expensive to hire sitters elsewhere but on Fun the intention was for Funsters to driveway or house sit in return for a free stay so a fair deal for both parties but if extra work required with gardening or animals then presumably some come to a separate financial arrangement for that work. Driveway sitting with just an outside tap, access to a manhole, bins & perhaps an external electricity socket but no access to the interior of the house, to keep an eye on a property is the simplest option.

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
You'd work it out between yourselves, it would usually depend on how much responsibility the sitter is taking on.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
As they are not paying to be members I guess money must be tight so I guess they want it done for free

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We’re staying in Scotland in May and could possibly do that for you.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
We have a neighbours son staying at our house while we are in Devon. He is looking after our two dogs. If any Funsters ever want to stay in our house (like Airbnb) they are welcome! Parking for motorhome is on the front. We are giving him a 'gift' payment as he is out at work during the day but sleeping over at night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back