Long term travel insurance (1 Viewer)

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Need advice. Planning on travelling through Europe, end of October until the end of March approx 5mths. Can only find travel insurance to cover 91 days. We have a green card for 6mths until 2nd April. What have other long term travelers done?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The Caravan Club and the Camping Club do insurance for more than 90 days but you need to be aware that it is travel insurance and not medical insurance which may or may not be a problem in the near future.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Tried cmc very expensive at £891 for 5mths. £302 for max 66 days.
Last year the Camping Club was £102 per person for 6 months plus any extra for existing medical conditions. This requires a phone call to a call centre in Capetown, my extra costs were £9 my wife’s were £850, guess who went to Spain for 6 months without being covered for existing medical conditions.

Upvote 0

Aubs

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2014
Have you looked at backpackers insurance? Goinsure will cover the one who must be obaide and myself for 12months for less than £500

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brella
Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you for that. Just had a look goinsure will insure us for 5mths £208. Hopefully book this all being well, waiting for hospital results fingers crossed all OK so I don't have to add to husbands pre existing conditions?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Have a look at “Just Travel”. We take out single trip insurance with them, depending on any pre existing conditions (which I have a few) they may be a bit cheaper. We’re away for just under 5 months this trip and had no trouble getting cover with them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brella
Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have a look at “Just Travel”. We take out single trip insurance with them, depending on any pre existing conditions (which I have a few) they may be a bit cheaper. We’re away for just under 5 months this trip and had no trouble getting cover with them.
Thanks, I will take a look.

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
If "B" happens you might find that 90 days will be adequate for what is allowed by EU.
"After Brexit, you will not need a visa for short trips, according to European Commission proposals. You could stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. You may need a visa or permit to stay for longer, or to work or study."

Check back for updates.

GOV UK site

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brella
Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
If "B" happens you might find that 90 days will be adequate for what is allowed by EU.
"After Brexit, you will not need a visa for short trips, according to European Commission proposals. You could stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. You may need a visa or permit to stay for longer, or to work or study."

Check back for updates.

GOV UK site
They will have to kick us out as planning on staying 5mths?

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I admire the spirit but the sanctions can be harsh , personal knowledge of someone who overstayed a visa in Australia .

Upvote 0

Maria41

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
They will have to kick us out as planning on staying 5mths?
Spend some of those 5 months outside the Eu zone. We are currently travelling around southern Europe for few months, and making our way to the balkans.
Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Serbia among them. All outside the EU zone. You could also get to Turkey. By then out of the 5 months travel you could easily spend half of that out of the EU.
This is our plan in any case. In precaution we also got our international driving licences at the post office (1968 for the balkans).
And all docs for our dog including blood analysis for rabies etc..
Happy travels :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back