Lost Sun

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
Travelling from 15 June 18
Well be staying near Royan for a week and then travelling up to the Loire, an area we've never visited. We've done a little research and so far we have
Tours
Château de Chenonceau,
Château de Villandry
Château d’Azay-le-Rideau-Touraine

then Saumur
Château de Saumur

then Angers
Château d’Angers
Cointreau

we were thinking of staying near Tours Campsite La Mignardière-ACSI for 3 days and then near Angers Camping d'Angers-ACSI for 3 days.

Any advice appreciated

Simon

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We're currently on the aire next right next door to Azay Le Rideau Chateau - very nice right by the river, EHU included, nice stroll into town for bars/restaurants etc.
campingcarpark.com/shop/centre-val-de-loire/37-indre-et-loire/aire-azay-le-rideau/

For Chenonceaux I wasn't impressed with the look of the aires/campsites nearby, but it looks like there's a nice France Passion nearby if you're members.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Samur, we stopped on
Camping l'Île d'Offard. Nice site, can’t remember the price....
Vistit to https://www.gratienmeyer.com/en/ Is a must if you like the fizzy stuff.... but it’s cheaper from “ le clerc “
Montreuil-Bellay is another nice town with a nice campsite on the side of the river...
Enjoy :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Samur, we stopped on
Camping l'Île d'Offard. Nice site, can’t remember the price....
Vistit to https://www.gratienmeyer.com/en/ Is a must if you like the fizzy stuff.... but it’s cheaper from “ le clerc “
Montreuil-Bellay is another nice town with a nice campsite on the side of the river...
Enjoy :)
We've just spent a few days there and it's €17 with ACSI, chateau was not one of the grandest but gardens lovely.
Municipal camping at Amboise was very nice at €17 , very pretty town, much nicer than Saumur.
Then stayed at Blois, again it was ACSI €17 and we would have liked to stay longer. Chateau Chambord is one of my favourites.
We stayed on sites as we had our electric bikes and did a lot of cycling, 25-30 miles at a time and our system of one battery and one solar panel would not be man enough to keep both topped up despite the good weather( thought I'd have my excuse ready for not staying on aires!)
Have a great time.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Lots of really nice Aires along the Loire. Look at @Robert Clark recent thread on his travels along the river. And if you want to see some smaller towns and chateaus try Sully sur Loire, which has a nice Aire on the river bank.
Hi, how do I follow @Robert Clark please as I would be interested in Loire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Sully-sur-Loire is lovely and the aire is free. It is further along the river though, south east of Orleans.
Montreuil-Bellay is very nice but isn’t actually on the Loire but beside a small river. Next door to the campsite is a free aire which is very quiet at night.
You can see details, with GPS co- ordinates and photos on my blog, details below.

Richard. (Not to be confused with Robert:))

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We are just concluding our Loire trip and have visited many of the places you have listed but included Chambord. For us we found the aires and parking places listed on Park4Night sufficient for us. After a couple of chateau we quickly learnt the contents were a bit sparse as all were lost in the revolution and the chateau left to rot until the 19th century when restoration began. That said it has been a wonderful trip and with good weather you will have a great time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back