Locker catch (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
good evening fellow funsters… can anyone help me in obtaining one of these locker catches? Is for a burstner lyseo harmony 590…. Tia

IMG_5461.jpeg

IMG_5462.jpeg

Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Well, well, well........mine went yesterday! Burstner TD680G. Did the catch refuse to lock like ours? I foolishly took the back off to take a look and when I put it back together it locked shut permanently. Now I also need a replacement and will have to drill out the old lock to access the gas locker. Appallingly, apart from a spring inside, the entire lock mechanism is made of plastic......really cheap crap and I'm going to write to Burstner about it. Would be interested if an upgrade is possible.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Go_buddy_go_
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Luckily it’s on a locker I can access from inside .. yes it locked permanently but I could access from inside so atm it’s locked and I can get to stuff under the seat… I have googled but no joy even on the burstner web site.. it’s a little annoying ☹️

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Luckily it’s on a locker I can access from inside .. yes it locked permanently but I could access from inside so atm it’s locked and I can get to stuff under the seat… I have googled but no joy even on the burstner web site.. it’s a little annoying ☹️
I've spoken to Southdown Motorhome's about a replacement. They need a photo and the Burstner build number before they can get a spare costed. Luckily we're not planning on using the MH again till July. I just hope I can get the replacement over from Germany by then. Really not happy about the quality of the lock. I know it's only a gas locker but when a locks interior components are entirely made of plastic you begin to think that this is a cost saving too far.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Mine failed on the gas locker door after 4 months, dealer swapped it under warranty. The replacement is exactly the same but fingers crossed it's been ok 9 months later.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back