Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
We recently sold our lovely Elddis Firestorm in favour of an older Hymer B534, year 2000, having wanted an A class for some time. There is a lot more work needed than we were led to believe but some of this is because my partner - a retired marine engineer- is a perfectionist and every nut, bolt, screw etc has to be replaced. Anyway we love the van and are happy to do the work. One seemingly minor problem is that the lock on the rear nearside external locker is worn and doesn't open the door from the outside. Hymer want £406 + just for a new lock ! Does anyone have any ideas ? Breakers, modifications, spare lock sitting in a garage somewhere looking for a good home ? All suggestions gratefully received. I'm sure I'll be asking for more help as the work progresses. Thanks in advance !

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
A photo of the lock would increase your chances of success
Good Luck?
DJT
We recently sold our lovely Elddis Firestorm in favour of an older Hymer B534, year 2000, having wanted an A class for some time. There is a lot more work needed than we were led to believe but some of this is because my partner - a retired marine engineer- is a perfectionist and every nut, bolt, screw etc has to be replaced. Anyway we love the van and are happy to do the work. One seemingly minor problem is that the lock on the rear nearside external locker is worn and doesn't open the door from the outside. Hymer want £406 + just for a new lock ! Does anyone have any ideas ? Breakers, modifications, spare lock sitting in a garage somewhere looking for a good home ? All suggestions gratefully received. I'm sure I'll be asking for more help as the work progresses. Thanks in advance !

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Yes need a Photo or three even, there are so many different locks on vans.
Even those with working locks in most cases get upgraded with additional security locks, especially on Garage Doors with e bikes and expensive stuff in them.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yep need a photo but if it's the catch I thinking it might be I had the same problem on my first Hymer I managed to repair it myself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back