Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Loch Lubnaig
Has anyone tried to use these facilities yet?

There seems to be plenty of reports on what is to be done, or has been done but who is going to try them?

From what I have read the costs of using the disposal facilities will not attract the freeloaders who in recent times have collected on the Lochside for free. No doubt the remoteness of the facility will be a major factor that will escalate the cost of emptying any storage tank and therefore the cost to those wanting to use it.

It has to be said though, that at last we are seeing some thought being introduced into considering motorhomes as a separate section of users needing alternative facilities. This has to be in response to people like Graham (Motorhome Parking.co.uk) who has been tireless in this area, and also Andy Clarke of the motorhome list (UK Motorhomes.net) who is also tireless in pursuit of what we all want to happen, to give us facilities like the aires in Europe.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Dont seem value for money at all. £15 a night with no electric. I wont be stopping.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
This is the one I read. On top of the overnight charge I read it you also have an additional day charge. Could be reading it wrong though.

5lochsblog.com/2013/09/05/the-final-countdown

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This is the one I read. On top of the overnight charge I read it you also have an additional day charge. Could be reading it wrong though.

5lochsblog.com/2013/09/05/the-final-countdown

thanks.. , you have it correct
On the question of motorhomes, I can confirm that they will be able to use any of the parking spaces when available at the standard day parking rates (assuming they can park in a standard parking space). In addition to this, motorhomes will also be able to book one of two motorhome bays at the north car park for a maximum of 2 nights at a time. This facility will cost £15 per motorhome per night.

http://5lochsblog.com/2013/09/05/the-final-countdown/

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thx Jim, wasnt sure I was reading right. Dont you think this is a bit of a rip off? Depending on the day charges it could be as expensive as an official campsite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thx Jim, wasnt sure I was reading right. Dont you think this is a bit of a rip off? Depending on the day charges it could be as expensive as an official campsite.

It's not cheap.. that's for sure.. and as you say.. as costly as many campsite and probably more expensive than some CLs

I suppose you are paying for the location.. and of course the capital cost of installing and maintaining the MH facilities..

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I wouldn't use it at that price because of the lack of EHU. Pity as it is a wonderful place for kayaking.

Last weekend we paid £13 a night including EHU, water and drain on every pitch. There were also showers, toilets, wash-up, black and grey waste disposal points.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I wouldn't use it at that price because of the lack of EHU. Pity as it is a wonderful place for kayaking.

Last weekend we paid £13 a night including EHU, water and drain on every pitch. There were also showers, toilets, wash-up, black and grey waste disposal points.

Sounds more of a good price to me.(y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
[QUOTE="ScotJimland, post: 1154364, member:

I suppose you are paying for the location.. and of course the capital cost of installing and maintaining the MH facilities..[/QUOTE]

I agree on that but if they made the prices more reasonable then they might get more visitors and recoup the outlay quicker.
Then again maybe it was full all summer,who knows.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
So, nobody has been to stay or stopped there since it opened, which was my original question?
I'm looking for personal experience not what you think of it.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Think it was late summer it opened, late August or maybe even early September, so obviously not used at all this summer because of works. We pass about once a month, last time was 2 weeks ago on a tuesday and one motorhome there in the park area nearest Strathyre also seen small campervan in other park.
Sorry if it upsets but when we used to pass especially at weekends the place looked a tip, vans, tents, caravans, fires and rubbish, something needed done. Will be able to judge better next summer, will be passing again in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Think it was late summer it opened, late August or maybe even early September, so obviously not used at all this summer because of works. We pass about once a month, last time was 2 weeks ago on a tuesday and one motorhome there in the park area nearest Strathyre also seen small campervan in other park.
Sorry if it upsets but when we used to pass especially at weekends the place looked a tip, vans, tents, caravans, fires and rubbish, something needed done. Will be able to judge better next summer, will be passing again in a couple of weeks.
Certainly got to be better than when we saw it some years ago. Suppose it depends if the Glasgow yobs decide to invade. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back