AllyMoHo

Free Member
Sep 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi all, hoping for some knowledge on Livello Gas Gauges....
Our MoHo has twin bottles in the locker with manual switch over. In the Gas Locker there is one Livello Gas Level Indicator gauge which sits in a brass hollow on the top of one bottle. Its loose!!
The second bottle has the brass hollow but no gauge.
In the driver cab there is a Livello LED Remote Gas Level Indicator on the dash.
As there is only one gauge in the Gas Locker I am presuming that the cab gauge just mimics the locker gauge and as such, when I manually switch over to the second bottle, I should reposition the locker gauge on the second bottle as well.
Does that make sense / sound logical??

Attachments

• 20210526_175446.jpg
    20210526_175446.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210526_175416.jpg
    20210526_175416.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Inside the gas bottle is a float that rises and falls with the liquid level. The float mechanism makes a small magnet rotate, the angle depends on the float height. The magnetic force can easily penetrate the brass mounting.This magnet causes the gauge needle to rotate, to indicate the gas level. Also inside the gauge is a rotary resistive sensor, that is also rotated by the magnet. The wire goes from the sensor to the cab gauge display.

So yes, you can move the gauge between the cylinders. An alternative is to get another gauge sensor for the second bottle, run a second wire to the gauge display, and fit a switch to show the info for the cylinder you want.

OP
OP
AllyMoHo

AllyMoHo

Free Member
Sep 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thanks for that, you’ve cleared up a lot with your explanation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back