LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We have had a 5 night visit to Dorset . We travelled down to South Lytchett Manor last Sunday .
What a nice site , very busy . Well stocked shop and pizza/ burger vans on site . Overall a very good site . Entrance a little tight due to iron gates but overall we loved it 👍🏻

5483112C-744D-4F3B-B30D-6FC68C2F2DD9.jpeg
2FB493EF-FA26-4F6E-BB36-778BF58ADA4A.jpeg

4B041EB6-05F2-46EE-8A60-7172A5DD9235.jpeg

Next stop Sanford Holiday Park ( Parkdean)
What a crazy site . We turned up and arrived at our “pitch” only to be told by a group of aggressive tent campers that “they ain’t moving and want to stay a bit longer innit “ . Those are the exact words 😂. Kids now in tears so I sheepishly return to reception and get allocated pitch number 1 . What a joy this was . Basically at the entrance to the touring site park and under a huge street light 💡 People literally brushing the side of the van to shave 0.5 seconds off their journey back to their pitch . I was so annoyed I set up windbreaks to try and defend our pitch but these were removed and stolen within 2 hours of me setting them up 😂. I felt like we’re were in a war zone. After 1am is the worst time . Groups of ferral kids roam the site with no security or police intervention and many parents seem happy to allow the kids to roam free until the early hours in this “safe” environment!🤔
At 2.55am on Tuesday morning I found a guy sleeping under the motorhome ( because he made a phone call to say good night to his wife and it was clear he was underneath the van 😘😂 ) but apparently I was being out of order in asking him to move because it was raining and I am a weirdo for listening to his conversation 😂( you really couldn’t make this up ) . Turns out he wasn’t even staying on the park and was a local !😂The reviews told me it would be like the Jeremy Kyle show and they weren’t wrong 😂.
They did have a good arcade area and swimming pool so the kids didn’t really moan once we had the pitch 😎
6E3CE3F8-7C27-460A-9622-7E6B9A85C859.jpeg
486929D3-5BAC-4E68-ABBF-3D5AF6AAC8C1.jpeg

Next site was West Bay ,Bridport(Parkdean again ) 😂We went via Sand Banks and we took the chain Ferry . The kids were convinced we had crossed the channel 😂😂😂
5B225168-62CD-42DF-BEA3-939A56613BD0.jpeg
A8E7AFAC-8A62-46E2-A084-A20EBC2BB831.jpeg
F82BE5B7-367C-4AFF-A02C-26A30AC6DE3A.jpeg
The warden (Alex)at West Bay is a real character and makes you feel very welcome . Fully serviced pitch here 👍🏻.
Lots to do with the beach so close . Also nice to see the dedicated Motorhome parking bays in Bridport 👍
E624236D-03FB-40FE-8C46-5AE557ED3C34.jpeg

8F714298-4CFE-43E3-8159-6BE42ECAD6DB.jpeg
50AC0581-3423-4CAD-A8C6-02555603D6AE.jpeg

221C8A91-A397-4550-87A6-9B9CC3A65C14.jpeg

So that’s the longest trip we have done . 3 sites over 5 nights . Can’t wait for the second tour we do this year but no more Parkdean for us . 🤩

Attachments

• 28A5C2BA-9823-437D-B5CC-FEEB7DD60294.jpeg
    28A5C2BA-9823-437D-B5CC-FEEB7DD60294.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 43C80DA6-DE31-4C5C-A123-D39E89CD075F.jpeg
    43C80DA6-DE31-4C5C-A123-D39E89CD075F.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We travelled down to South Lytchett Manor last Sunday .
Nice site, first site we stayed on last December when we got our van.
Very good pub down the road and a cafe a few minutes walk.
Handy for the bus as just outside the gate😁

We will be visiting again for sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Went to Sandford Park Dean couple of years back. Awful place full of awful kids just as you described.
Would never go there again
It was certainly an experience. I’ve never really felt unsafe anywhere on a campsite but this was crazy .I wanted to leave as soon as we arrived . The static caravans look rough with no decking or side coverings on them and the drive up to the touring site is like traveling through a war zone . If the kids hadn’t been so excited I would have left immediately . The pool area was nice and we did enjoy a good swim as a family BUT lesson learnt for the future 👍🏻

Reactions: DJT

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We’re down in Dorset the week after next. I wasn’t looking forward to it before. Even less now,
but summoned for family holiday. Normally we would have a family holiday abroad but not this year.
The pictures of the beach look like a place to avoid. No sand and too crowded.
I’m looking forward to a couple of pub stops each way, down and up. They’re going to be my high light of the trip.

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
we're currently at Haven Littlesea. No problems with mutant kids although they did have some problems a few weeks back there is a bouncer crew here who would fit right in at any London club.

Small site with limited facilities but clean and good staff.

The Sandford PD is the only one we have seen heard and issues but none directly affected us there, just that atmosphere.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
:LOL: The fact they needs bouncers at a holiday park says it all,,,,run for the hills,,,women and children first,save yourselves:LOL::LOL:

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Security and booking conditions do seem to be ignored at times, we stayed at a favourite Parkdean site earlier in the year, one "guest" was in a commercial vehicle, towing heavy duty gardening equipment and had numerous dogs. As part from driving the car directly through the pitches to get to the toilet block they didn't cause any trouble but clearly not holidaymakers. No one patrolling the site took any notice at all.

Hopefully this was an isolated incident.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
You lot are not doing anything to make my enforced trip south sound any better.
I have found a hill to walk up. It’s all of 900’ 😂😂. Looking to try standup paddle boarding and for a very lazy day electric mountain biking.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
You lot are not doing anything to make my enforced trip south sound any better.
I have found a hill to walk up. It’s all of 900’ 😂😂. Looking to try standup paddle boarding and for a very lazy day electric mountain biking.
Dorset is fabulous. South Lychett Manor is a great site, as is Highlands End. Wonder how many of the trouble makers are from God’s Country let loose in the deepest darkest south?
Go for it👍👍

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
We stayed at a Park resort site in Herne Bay in Kent last year,,1st night someone unplugged our EHU, 2nd day I had to ask a 7 year old to stop kicking his ball against the MH,( he was staying in a static ) he turned round and told me to f**k off and that his dad was going to kick the s**t out of me,I told him we were on pitch nineteen and I’d have the kettle on,,,funny now, but I was fuming at the time,,,far too many feral demonic kids for my liking,,never again :LOL:

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
We have had a 5 night visit to Dorset . We travelled down to South Lytchett Manor last Sunday .
What a nice site , very busy . Well stocked shop and pizza/ burger vans on site . Overall a very good site . Entrance a little tight due to iron gates but overall we loved it 👍🏻

View attachment 521952View attachment 521953
View attachment 521954

What a crazy site . We turned up and arrived at our “pitch” only to be told by a group of aggressive tent campers that “they ain’t moving and want to stay a bit longer innit “ . Those are the exact words 😂. Kids now in tears so I sheepishly return to reception and get allocated pitch number 1 . What a joy this was . Basically at the entrance to the touring site park and under a huge street light 💡 People literally brushing the side of the van to shave 0.5 seconds off their journey back to their pitch . I was so annoyed I set up windbreaks to try and defend our pitch but these were removed and stolen within 2 hours of me setting them up 😂. I felt like we’re were in a war zone. After 1am is the worst time . Groups of ferral kids roam the site with no security or police intervention and many parents seem happy to allow the kids to roam free until the early hours in this “safe” environment!🤔
At 2.55am on Tuesday morning I found a guy sleeping under the motorhome ( because he made a phone call to say good night to his wife and it was clear he was underneath the van 😘😂 ) but apparently I was being out of order in asking him to move because it was raining and I am a weirdo for listening to his conversation 😂( you really couldn’t make this up ) . Turns out he wasn’t even staying on the park and was a local !😂The reviews told me it would be like the Jeremy Kyle show and they weren’t wrong 😂.
They did have a good arcade area and swimming pool so the kids didn’t really moan once we had the pitch 😎View attachment 521973View attachment 521974
Next site was West Bay ,Bridport(Parkdean again ) 😂We went via Sand Banks and we took the chain Ferry . The kids were convinced we had crossed the channel 😂😂😂
View attachment 521975View attachment 521976View attachment 521977The warden (Alex)at West Bay is a real character and makes you feel very welcome . Fully serviced pitch here 👍🏻.
Lots to do with the beach so close . Also nice to see the dedicated Motorhome parking bays in Bridport 👍
View attachment 521982

View attachment 521983View attachment 521984
View attachment 522029
So that’s the longest trip we have done . 3 sites over 5 nights . Can’t wait for the second tour we do this year but no more Parkdean for us . 🤩
I had a horrible experience staying at Sandford Parkdean too. I meantasay, I was out for a walk one night and it started raining and so I lay down to shelter under this motorised caravan thingy and this guy woke me up to say I shouldnt be underneath. I mean innit selfish? He had only rented the bits of grass where the 4 wheels rested (even if he only had 3 the next morning) and not like the fresh air space innit. Then HE accused ME of waking HIM up - after all I had only made a quick call to the missus to say I wouldnt make it back to our tent up the top. Nice pitch that. My 18 kids liked it especially after dark as there wuz lots of stuff left around, I mean finderskeepers innit. Anywun want to buy a windbreaker?

Aug 12, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Bluebelle: VW T6.1
Exp
Since 2020
We live in Beautiful Dorset - and are soooo glad we don't need/want to stay at the sites you have reviewed. Crikey what a cracker of a review. Thankfully our driveway is more spacious, with noone (to our knowledge) sleeping under the van, feral kids running amok, people cutting corners on our pitch, or naff tenters refusing to leave. Think we will keep our space on the driveway until the grockels have left (although we have just returned from a glorious break in peaceful Somerset ;)

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
It was certainly an experience. I’ve never really felt unsafe anywhere on a campsite but this was crazy .I wanted to leave as soon as we arrived . The static caravans look rough with no decking or side coverings on them and the drive up to the touring site is like traveling through a war zone . If the kids hadn’t been so excited I would have left immediately . The pool area was nice and we did enjoy a good swim as a family BUT lesson learnt for the future 👍🏻
Reminds me of a site in New Zealand where I arrived, did a circuit in the van to turn round and immediately left, despite having paid a deposit. To be fair, it was the ONLY negative of my travels in NZ, which was a fantastic trip and a wonderful experience. Must dig out the photos...

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Swifter Sandford has a history Murder at Caravan Park
I enjoyed reading your site review (y) :oops:
Looks like more trouble at a Parkdean site north in Wales yesterday .

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Hi I stayed in a Park Dean site in Dornoch, it was called Grannies Helland Hame I think. It was great, pool in need of tlc but but staff were fine. Beach was super and many walks around, stars were amazing. We stayed 3 nights no problems.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
South Lytchett is my local campsite. I work at the school just behind. Many friends have stayed there and love it. Buses to the Jurassic coast, local town and some good pubs within walking distance. Parkdean at Sandford!!! Wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. Attracts some ’interesting ’ clientele.

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
South Lychett is a great campsite, friendly staff good bus access, dog walks and a great shop. Very clean showers etc with excellent family facilities. No complaints was there 2 weeks ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Burntwood, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
2013 Autocruise Accent
Exp
Since 2013

View attachment 521952View attachment 521953
View attachment 521954

They did have a good arcade area and swimming pool so the kids didn’t really moan once we had the pitch 😎View attachment 521973View attachment 521974
View attachment 521975View attachment 521976View attachment 521977The warden (Alex)at West Bay is a real character and makes you feel very welcome . Fully serviced pitch here 👍🏻.
View attachment 521982

View attachment 521983View attachment 521984
View attachment 522029
Thanks for the heads up on Parkdean, I’m amazed. I’ll be sure to give them a big miss. South Lytchett Manor a very nice site and handy ‘bus stop and pub.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I had a horrible experience staying at Sandford Parkdean too. I meantasay, I was out for a walk one night and it started raining and so I lay down to shelter under this motorised caravan thingy and this guy woke me up to say I shouldnt be underneath. I mean innit selfish? He had only rented the bits of grass where the 4 wheels rested (even if he only had 3 the next morning) and not like the fresh air space innit. Then HE accused ME of waking HIM up - after all I had only made a quick call to the missus to say I wouldnt make it back to our tent up the top. Nice pitch that. My 18 kids liked it especially after dark as there wuz lots of stuff left around, I mean finderskeepers innit. Anywun want to buy a windbreaker?
Did you manage to sell the "windbreakers?".....

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Great review, just booked the MiL in for a week, told her she doesn't need a tent or van etc as there are lots of places to sleep off her hangovers ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back