Little visit to Dorset . (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Another Murder at a Parkdean site, Ty Mawr in Wales. A 19 year old has been arrested for stabbing his 15 year old sister to death, injuring his Dad and holding his Grandad hostage, I don't know why so many young people get so angry that they resort to this.

Deleted User
Milton Abbas is worth a visit, the history of the village is interesting and almost unique.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
We have had a 5 night visit to Dorset . We travelled down to South Lytchett Manor last Sunday .
What a nice site , very busy . Well stocked shop and pizza/ burger vans on site . Overall a very good site . Entrance a little tight due to iron gates but overall we loved it 👍🏻

View attachment 521952View attachment 521953
View attachment 521954

Next stop Sanford Holiday Park ( Parkdean)
What a crazy site . We turned up and arrived at our “pitch” only to be told by a group of aggressive tent campers that “they ain’t moving and want to stay a bit longer innit “ . Those are the exact words 😂. Kids now in tears so I sheepishly return to reception and get allocated pitch number 1 . What a joy this was . Basically at the entrance to the touring site park and under a huge street light 💡 People literally brushing the side of the van to shave 0.5 seconds off their journey back to their pitch . I was so annoyed I set up windbreaks to try and defend our pitch but these were removed and stolen within 2 hours of me setting them up 😂. I felt like we’re were in a war zone. After 1am is the worst time . Groups of ferral kids roam the site with no security or police intervention and many parents seem happy to allow the kids to roam free until the early hours in this “safe” environment!🤔
At 2.55am on Tuesday morning I found a guy sleeping under the motorhome ( because he made a phone call to say good night to his wife and it was clear he was underneath the van 😘😂 ) but apparently I was being out of order in asking him to move because it was raining and I am a weirdo for listening to his conversation 😂( you really couldn’t make this up ) . Turns out he wasn’t even staying on the park and was a local !😂The reviews told me it would be like the Jeremy Kyle show and they weren’t wrong 😂.
They did have a good arcade area and swimming pool so the kids didn’t really moan once we had the pitch 😎View attachment 521973View attachment 521974
Next site was West Bay ,Bridport(Parkdean again ) 😂We went via Sand Banks and we took the chain Ferry . The kids were convinced we had crossed the channel 😂😂😂
View attachment 521975View attachment 521976View attachment 521977The warden (Alex)at West Bay is a real character and makes you feel very welcome . Fully serviced pitch here 👍🏻.
Lots to do with the beach so close . Also nice to see the dedicated Motorhome parking bays in Bridport 👍
View attachment 521982

View attachment 521983View attachment 521984
View attachment 522029
So that’s the longest trip we have done . 3 sites over 5 nights . Can’t wait for the second tour we do this year but no more Parkdean for us . 🤩
Nice reviews, we have a trip booked to South Lychett soon so looking forward to it.
That Sanford site sounds horrendous…
Glad u enjoyed the next one!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Another Murder at a Parkdean site, Ty Mawr in Wales. A 19 year old has been arrested for stabbing his 15 year old sister to death, injuring his Dad and holding his Grandad hostage, I don't know why so many young people get so angry that they resort to this.
Vanlife eh

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
We’re down in Dorset the week after next. I wasn’t looking forward to it before. Even less now,
but summoned for family holiday. Normally we would have a family holiday abroad but not this year.
The pictures of the beach look like a place to avoid. No sand and too crowded.
I’m looking forward to a couple of pub stops each way, down and up. They’re going to be my high light of the trip.

Liked South Lytchett Manor site, although haven’t been for a couple of years. Good pub not far up the road. We enjoyed catching the bus and mooching round the old town in Poole. There is a cockleshell trail to follow and we found a pub which had an extensive mussels menu, sorry, can’t remember the name.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back